help for building JOSM with Eclipse

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

help for building JOSM with Eclipse

giohappy
Hello everyone.
Could anyone give me a help for setting up the JOSM development
environment in Eclipse?
I've right checked out the source code, and then I've simply created
an Eclipse project using the JOSM root (with source, test, images,
etc., subfolders), as indicated in [1].
The build process raises about a hundred of errors inside the test
classes. I've tried to launch it anyway, but I receive this:

java.lang.NullPointerException: /images/logo.png not found
        at org.openstreetmap.josm.tools.ImageProvider.get(ImageProvider.java:62)
        at org.openstreetmap.josm.tools.ImageProvider.get(ImageProvider.java:170)
        at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.SplashScreen.<init>(SplashScreen.java:54)
        at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MainApplication.main(MainApplication.java:124)

It seems it can't find the images folder...

What's the best way to set all up?
Thanks,
Giovanni

[1] http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/InstallNotes

_______________________________________________
josm-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/josm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help for building JOSM with Eclipse

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

G. Allegri wrote:
> Could anyone give me a help for setting up the JOSM development
> environment in Eclipse?

Here's a screenshot of my setup. Does it help?

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/eclipse.png

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [hidden email]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"

_______________________________________________
josm-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/josm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help for building JOSM with Eclipse

giohappy
Thanks Frederik. I cleaned up the project and imported it from zero,
now it works. Lots of warnings and a Console message "Could not get
presets icon presets/library.png", but it runs :-)

2008/11/6 Frederik Ramm <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> G. Allegri wrote:
>>
>> Could anyone give me a help for setting up the JOSM development
>> environment in Eclipse?
>
> Here's a screenshot of my setup. Does it help?
>
> http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/eclipse.png
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --
> Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [hidden email]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"
>

_______________________________________________
josm-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/josm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help for building JOSM with Eclipse

Marcin Floryan-3
G. Allegri wrote:

> Thanks Frederik. I cleaned up the project and imported it from zero,
> now it works. Lots of warnings and a Console message "Could not get
> presets icon presets/library.png", but it runs :-)

It is now fixed in SVN so the warning should no longer be there.
Remember to refresh your workspace after updating files from SVN.

Regards,
Marcin


_______________________________________________
josm-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/josm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help for building JOSM with Eclipse

giohappy
Thaniks, the warning has gone :)
A curiosity: why aren't the tests aligned with the code? Do they need
to be updated?

2008/11/6 Marcin Floryan <[hidden email]>:

> G. Allegri wrote:
>
>> Thanks Frederik. I cleaned up the project and imported it from zero,
>> now it works. Lots of warnings and a Console message "Could not get
>> presets icon presets/library.png", but it runs :-)
>
> It is now fixed in SVN so the warning should no longer be there.
> Remember to refresh your workspace after updating files from SVN.
>
> Regards,
> Marcin
>
>

_______________________________________________
josm-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/josm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help for building JOSM with Eclipse

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

G. Allegri wrote:
> A curiosity: why aren't the tests aligned with the code? Do they need
> to be updated?

Nobody I know has ever cared for tests. If you want you can try and
update them but they might not be easy to understand and they cover only
a minor portion of what JOSM does (because you cannot automatically test
the user interface).

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [hidden email]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"

_______________________________________________
josm-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/josm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help for building JOSM with Eclipse

giohappy
Though someone have created them :-) Why are the shipped within the
svn and then excluded from the build?
Don't worry, I was just wondering by myself. I, the JOSM case I don't
care for tests too!

2008/11/6 Frederik Ramm <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> G. Allegri wrote:
>>
>> A curiosity: why aren't the tests aligned with the code? Do they need
>> to be updated?
>
> Nobody I know has ever cared for tests. If you want you can try and update
> them but they might not be easy to understand and they cover only a minor
> portion of what JOSM does (because you cannot automatically test the user
> interface).
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --
> Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [hidden email]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"
>

_______________________________________________
josm-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/josm-dev