help in last tasks for the release

Andrea Antonello
Hi developers,
we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2 release.

The missing tasks are summarized here:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0

We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
for a couple of hours and finish the release.

Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
end of next week?

Best regards,
Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

Jody Garnett-2
Thanks for organising Andrea,

I have knocked of the first task (removing P2), but am unable to test.

Jody
On 24/05/2010, at 6:52 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi developers,
> we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2 release.
>
> The missing tasks are summarized here:
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0
>
> We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
> for a couple of hours and finish the release.
>

> Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
> end of next week?
>
> Best regards,
> Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

tbanchuin
Hi Andrea,

Once I finish building the gdal library, I can try to export the uDig project on my Mac according to this instruction:

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/uDig+Export+Procedure

Maybe Judy can help me test the export.  From my experience, testing a build on the build machine never catch any missing dependencies.

Cheers,
Tawan

Jody Garnett-3 wrote
Thanks for organising Andrea,

I have knocked of the first task (removing P2), but am unable to test.

Jody
On 24/05/2010, at 6:52 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi developers,
> we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2 release.
>
> The missing tasks are summarized here:
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0
>
> We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
> for a couple of hours and finish the release.
>

> Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
> end of next week?
>
> Best regards,
> Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

Andrea Antonello
Hi Tawan,
thanks for your help.

Does this mean you would also create an macosx installer? That would be awsome!

Andrea

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:23 AM, tbanchuin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Once I finish building the gdal library, I can try to export the uDig
> project on my Mac according to this instruction:
>
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/uDig+Export+Procedure
>
> Maybe Judy can help me test the export.  From my experience, testing a build
> on the build machine never catch any missing dependencies.
>
> Cheers,
> Tawan
>

> Jody Garnett-3 wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for organising Andrea,
>>
>> I have knocked of the first task (removing P2), but am unable to test.
>>
>> Jody
>> On 24/05/2010, at 6:52 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
>>
>>> Hi developers,
>>> we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2
>>> release.
>>>
>>> The missing tasks are summarized here:
>>> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0
>>>
>>> We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
>>> for a couple of hours and finish the release.
>>>

>>> Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
>>> end of next week?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

Silvia Franceschi-2
Hey Twan,
if you need a tester for the mac build I would be happy to help you.

Ciao

Silvia

tbanchuin wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Once I finish building the gdal library, I can try to export the uDig
> project on my Mac according to this instruction:
>
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/uDig+Export+Procedure
>
> Maybe Judy can help me test the export.  From my experience, testing a build
> on the build machine never catch any missing dependencies.
>
> Cheers,
> Tawan
>

> Jody Garnett-3 wrote:
>
>> Thanks for organising Andrea,
>>
>> I have knocked of the first task (removing P2), but am unable to test.
>>
>> Jody
>> On 24/05/2010, at 6:52 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
>>

>>> Hi developers,
>>> we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2
>>> release.
>>>
>>> The missing tasks are summarized here:
>>> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0
>>>
>>> We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
>>> for a couple of hours and finish the release.
>>>

>>> Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
>>> end of next week?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

tbanchuin
Hi Andrea,

If by 'installer' you meant an export using the Eclipse Export Wizard, I am happy to create one.

I am a bit confused though because the uDig download page already lists the Mac installers for RC3.  They surely don't have the Mac native gdal libraries.  Is that why you need me to create another set with the gdal libraries?

I am currently swamped with other tasks.  I will try to continue building the gdal lib this weekend.  Thank you all for being patient.

Cheers,
Tawan

Andrea Antonello-3 wrote
Hi developers,
we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2 release.

The missing tasks are summarized here:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0

We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
for a couple of hours and finish the release.

Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
end of next week?

Best regards,
Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

tbanchuin
Hi Silvia,

Thanks for volunteering to test the build.  How can I contact you by email?

Cheers,
Tawan

[...]

The task to "create a mac installer" is the step needed to create a proper mac "DMG".
Jesse previously provided some instruction; and uploaded a video to the website of the steps needed.

The "installers" on the website right now are simply archives ready to unzip; not a mac DMG.

Jody

On 26/05/2010, at 3:21 PM, tbanchuin wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> If by 'installer' you meant an export using the Eclipse Export Wizard, I am
> happy to create one.
>
> I am a bit confused though because the uDig download page already lists the
> Mac installers for RC3.  They surely don't have the Mac native gdal
> libraries.  Is that why you need me to create another set with the gdal
> libraries?
>
> I am currently swamped with other tasks.  I will try to continue building
> the gdal lib this weekend.  Thank you all for being patient.
>
> Cheers,
> Tawan
>

> Andrea Antonello-3 wrote:
>>
>> Hi developers,
>> we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2
>> release.
>>
>> The missing tasks are summarized here:
>> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0
>>
>> We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
>> for a couple of hours and finish the release.
>>

>> Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
>> end of next week?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

Silvia Franceschi-2
Yes, just send me an email with the link for the build and I will
download and test it.

Ciao

Silvia

tbanchuin wrote:

> Hi Silvia,
>
> Thanks for volunteering to test the build.  How can I contact you by email?
>
> Cheers,
> Tawan
>

> tbanchuin wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> If by 'installer' you meant an export using the Eclipse Export Wizard, I
>> am happy to create one.
>>
>> I am a bit confused though because the uDig download page already lists
>> the Mac installers for RC3.  They surely don't have the Mac native gdal
>> libraries.  Is that why you need me to create another set with the gdal
>> libraries?
>>
>> I am currently swamped with other tasks.  I will try to continue building
>> the gdal lib this weekend.  Thank you all for being patient.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tawan
>>

>> Andrea Antonello-3 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi developers,
>>> we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2
>>> release.
>>>
>>> The missing tasks are summarized here:
>>> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0
>>>
>>> We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
>>> for a couple of hours and finish the release.
>>>

>>> Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
>>> end of next week?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release

tbanchuin
Hi Jody,

That's what I was suspecting.  I have never created one before, but I am willing to try.  I have been a Mac user for less than a year.  Finally, I could not resist the allure of the pretty graphics.  It does crash every other day though.  A bit disappointing in that department. :(

The only instruciton on creating installers I could find is:

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/Create+an+installer

I don't think this is the one you refered to.  Where can I find Jesse's instruction?

Thanks.

Tawan

Jody Garnett-3 wrote
The task to "create a mac installer" is the step needed to create a proper mac "DMG".
Jesse previously provided some instruction; and uploaded a video to the website of the steps needed.

The "installers" on the website right now are simply archives ready to unzip; not a mac DMG.

Jody

On 26/05/2010, at 3:21 PM, tbanchuin wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> If by 'installer' you meant an export using the Eclipse Export Wizard, I am
> happy to create one.
>
> I am a bit confused though because the uDig download page already lists the
> Mac installers for RC3.  They surely don't have the Mac native gdal
> libraries.  Is that why you need me to create another set with the gdal
> libraries?
>
> I am currently swamped with other tasks.  I will try to continue building
> the gdal lib this weekend.  Thank you all for being patient.
>
> Cheers,
> Tawan
>

> Andrea Antonello-3 wrote:
>>
>> Hi developers,
>> we need some help to finalize the last few tasks to get out the 1.2
>> release.
>>
>> The missing tasks are summarized here:
>> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/1.2.0
>>
>> We all have very few time, so we need some volunteers to get together
>> for a couple of hours and finish the release.
>>

>> Anyone interested in helping out on this to get finally out 1.2 by the
>> end of next week?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andrea

Re: help in last tasks for the release