help

Enrico D'amato

Hi guys,

I am a new uDig/JGrass user.

Sorry for my English.

I’ve downloaded the Spearfish file from this site: http://grass.osgeo.org/download/data.php, but i’m not able to upload the files.

This is my problem:

  1. Being a existed Location, my first step was uploading into the Catalog my Location (image nr. 1 - 2);
  2. the problem is that was uploaded the mapset (user1) instead of Location (image 2);
  3. i’ve tried to drag and drop this location, but no result (image3 - 4)

What are my errors?

Thank everybody

Bye

Enrico

Immagine2.JPG (157K) Download Attachment
Immagine1.JPG (192K) Download Attachment
immagine4.JPG (151K) Download Attachment
immagine3.JPG (196K) Download Attachment

Re: help

Daniele Andreis
Hi Enrico,

How you have import the database?

With import ---> others ----> jgrass database?

ciao

2010/7/2 Enrico D'amato <[hidden email]>

Hi guys,

I am a new uDig/JGrass user.

Sorry for my English.

I’ve downloaded the Spearfish file from this site: http://grass.osgeo.org/download/data.php, but i’m not able to upload the files.

This is my problem:

  1. Being a existed Location, my first step was uploading into the Catalog my Location (image nr. 1 - 2);
  2. the problem is that was uploaded the mapset (user1) instead of Location (image 2);
  3. i’ve tried to drag and drop this location, but no result (image3 - 4)

What are my errors?

Thank everybody

Bye

Enrico

Daniele Andreis

Re: help

Enrico D'amato
Yes...like images explain..but nothing...i don't understand where the problem is!
in the manual, there is the instructions that i follow, but in my Catalog there is Spearfish ---> user1 instead of PERMANENT...
do you understand?
Please help me...

ciao

Re: help

Enrico D'amato
yes...ok...i have PERMANENT and user1...and then...

Re: help

Daniele Andreis
I don't know if something was changed but you can look at http://www.mail-archive.com/jgrass-devel@.../msg00160.html.

I have tryed to create a new mapset called PERMANENT, and automatically it contains the maps. I'm not sure if it is a orthodox way.

let me know if it work.

2010/7/2 Enrico D'amato <[hidden email]>
yes...ok...i have PERMANENT and user1...and then...

Re: help

Enrico D'amato
Thanks...i understand the problem...i've created a newmapset called PERMANENT and then i was able to upload elevation.dem file on the map ...ok...now i'll go trhough the excercise...
thanks

ciao
Enrico

Re: help

wew111
poker indonesia good here thanks for shared this very good and nicely article