helpful list

Liz

helpful list

Liz
http://www.temora.nsw.gov.au/roads/4764/4765.html
this is an excellent list, because it lists the roads and start and finish
points - helps me sort out between my observations and landsat to put some
more roads on the map.

Obviously other councils have such lists - try asking for one or asking to
have it on the 'net.

Re: helpful list

Darrin Smith
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:20:05 +1000
Liz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.temora.nsw.gov.au/roads/4764/4765.html
> this is an excellent list, because it lists the roads and start and
> finish points - helps me sort out between my observations and landsat
> to put some more roads on the map.

I don't know about other states but I know here in SA every council is
required by law to have such a list and make it available in request.
Usually for a fee of course. Luckily my local council (Salisbury) has a
very similar list online (URL Below) which has helped me sort out the
"exactly where does one road end and another begin" issue a couple of
times. Even include official road widths but I'm not sure if copying
them all over would be appropriate.

Haven't had much luck finding it for other adjacent councils...yet.. :)

http://cweb.salisbury.sa.gov.au/manifest/servlet/page?pg=13667&stypen=html
--

=b

Re: helpful list

Nick Hocking
The Adelaide Hills list is at

It is very good. It (and OSM) are the only ones that are aware that a bit od Edgeware Road became Devonshire Road, back in the 60's

(Our house number changed then but I didn't realise the name change of that bit till I mapped it from the street signs last year.)

It is also the only online source that has "Druids Avenue" correct, in Stirling.  All locals have know this name for over 50 years and all businesses advertise as this. However both street signs say "Druid Avenue". For the first, and only, time so far, I have tagged according to local knowledge in precedence over the street sign.

Nick