'historic' county boundaries added to the database

Farmland colour change

Martin Wynne
landuse=farmland just changed colour in front of my eyes on the standard
OSM map: https://openstreetmap.org

It's a big improvement. The previous pinky colour made vast areas of the
UK look like a desert. The pale green colour is a much better
representation for cultivated land. It also makes it easier to see
footpaths.

Many thanks to whoever did this.

Unless of course, my monitor is on the blink?

Martin.

Re: Farmland colour change

Gregrs
Hi Martin,

>Many thanks to whoever did this.

Here's the related pull request on Github:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3327

Thanks,
Greg

--
Twitter: @gregrs_uk
http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org

Re: 'historic' county boundaries added to the database

Dave F
On 22/09/2018 14:46, Martin Wynne wrote:
>> Great. Let them consider themselves so. It has little to do with OSM
>> & nothing to do with this specific subject.
>
> OSM mappers spend many hours of their free time adding stuff to OSM
> because it interests them and in the hope that others may find it
> useful. Simply because they enjoy doing it as a hobby interest, for no
> reward.

> If you are going to get so stroppy about everything, they may just
> find that they have something better to do on a saturday afternoon.

Ad hominem. Disappointing.
However, if advocating adherence to one of OSM's major rules, then yes,
I'm "stroppy".

OSM requires contributors who add quality data, not something just
because they feel some disparate emotional attachment to it.

> OSM needs its mappers and is not going to be helped by driving them
> away with a lot of fusspot rules and regulations, which no-one can
> agree on anyway.

An agreement has been made. Pretending it doesn't exist just to suit
your ends is not a strong argument.