hitch rack for horses

Mike Thompson
How should one tag a hitch rack?  This is a place to tie horses.  For
example, at a location where a rider may want to dismount and continue
on foot because the way ahead is not suitable for horses. I searched
the wiki, but didn't find a suitable tag.

Mike

Re: hitch rack for horses

Warin
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 17:14:45 -0700
From: Mike Thompson [hidden email]
To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
	[hidden email]
Subject: [Tagging] hitch rack for horses

How should one tag a hitch rack?  This is a place to tie horses.  For
example, at a location where a rider may want to dismount and continue
on foot because the way ahead is not suitable for horses. I searched
the wiki, but didn't find a suitable tag.

Mike

Many 'horse features' are not (yet) avalible in OSM tagging.

I'm a bicyclist.. we have bicycle parking, bicyle shop ...
I'd like to 'see' horse 'parking' (that would cover all kinds post and rail etc) and umm equestrian? shop (produce shop would do for feed, but then you want saddles etc so 'equestrian'?) ... and horse drinking trough. Any others? May as well address them all while your at it.

Re: hitch rack for horses

NopMap
Asked around with the same question and it came down to hitching_post.

Never used the tag though.

bye, Nop

Re: hitch rack for horses

Mike Thompson
Nop,

Is it  amenity=hitching_post that you are suggesting? I see a German
language page on the wiki[1] that mentions it.

Mike

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Reiten

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM, NopMap <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Asked around with the same question and it came down to hitching_post.
>
> Never used the tag though.
>
> bye, Nop

Re: hitch rack for horses

NopMap
Mike Thompson wrote
Is it  amenity=hitching_post that you are suggesting? I see a German
language page on the wiki[1] that mentions it.
Yes, exactly.

bye, Nop