how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

Emanuele Cordano-2
Dear all,

in my jgrass/udig version, I try to export  a grass raster mapset into a netcdf archive by the graphical interface as suggested in the wiki. The new netCDF input archive contains the lat and lon dimension of the new window of my region, but there no variables corresponding to the rasters contained in the mapset.  I use a jgrass/udig version for Mac which I received the latest MIGG cource on february 2010. Is it available something more recent?

Thanks for the kind attention

cheers

Emanuele

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

Riccardo Rigon
I believe a more recent version is available through the JGrass website which dates back to a couple of weeks ago.

riccardo

On Sep 7, 2010, at 11:52 AM, Emanuele Cordano wrote:

Dear all,

in my jgrass/udig version, I try to export  a grass raster mapset into a netcdf archive by the graphical interface as suggested in the wiki. The new netCDF input archive contains the lat and lon dimension of the new window of my region, but there no variables corresponding to the rasters contained in the mapset.  I use a jgrass/udig version for Mac which I received the latest MIGG cource on february 2010. Is it available something more recent?

Thanks for the kind attention

cheers

Emanuele

Universita` di Trento         Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile  e  Ambientale/CUDAM
Via Mesiano, 77, 38050  Trento      (ITALIA)
E-mail[hidden email]
Ph: +390461882614-10    Fax:+390461882672
Publications according to ISI: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-5395-2008
JGrass (Open Source GIS): http://www.jgrass.org/
GEOtop (Open Source distributed hydrological model):  http://www.geotop.org/

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

Andrea Antonello
Hi emanuele,

> in my jgrass/udig version, I try to export  a grass raster mapset into a netcdf archive by the graphical interface as suggested in the wiki.

which instructions did you follow?

> The new netCDF input archive
> contains the lat and lon dimension of the new window of my region, but there no variables corresponding to the rasters contained in the mapset.  I use a jgrass/udig version
> for Mac which I received the latest MIGG cource on february 2010. Is it available something more recent?

There is a new JGrass version available that is aligned with uDig 1.2.
But that will not help, since there has been a libraries mismatch on
the uDig side that prevents the use of the netcdf related modules. Sad
but true. Anyways, nothing changed in the netcdf part since the
release you are using, so you should be good to go.

Ciao
Andrea

> Thanks for the kind attention
>
> cheers
>
> Emanuele

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

Riccardo Rigon
Dear Andrea,

there is any chance that the mismatch below will be resolved sometimes ?

riccardo

On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:23 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

Hi emanuele,

[...]

It will be absolutely solved in the next uDig version, I am quite
amazed the mismatch could even happen.
I am actively maintaining the netcdf modules and want to see them in
uDig core at some point, so they are not left to go astray.

The problem is that right now no one has time to work on the new uDig
release and test the libs. uDig 1.2.1 will have the fix for sure.

Andrea

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Riccardo Rigon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Andrea,
> there is any chance that the mismatch below will be resolved sometimes ?
> riccardo
>
> On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:23 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
>
> Hi emanuele,
>
> in my jgrass/udig version, I try to export  a grass raster mapset into a
> netcdf archive by the graphical interface as suggested in the wiki.
>
> which instructions did you follow?
>
> The new netCDF input archive
>
> contains the lat and lon dimension of the new window of my region, but there
> no variables corresponding to the rasters contained in the mapset.  I use a
> jgrass/udig version
>
> for Mac which I received the latest MIGG cource on february 2010. Is it
> available something more recent?
>
> There is a new JGrass version available that is aligned with uDig 1.2.
> But that will not help, since there has been a libraries mismatch on
> the uDig side that prevents the use of the netcdf related modules. Sad
> but true. Anyways, nothing changed in the netcdf part since the
> release you are using, so you should be good to go.
>
> Ciao
> Andrea
>

> Thanks for the kind attention
>
> cheers
>
> Emanuele

> Universita` di Trento         Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile  e
> Ambientale/CUDAM
> Via Mesiano, 77, 38050  Trento      (ITALIA)
> E-mail:  [hidden email]
> Ph: +390461882614-10    Fax:+390461882672
> Web page: http://www.ing.unitn.it/dica/hp/?user=rigon
> Publications according to ISI: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-5395-2008
> JGrass (Open Source GIS): http://www.jgrass.org/
> GEOtop (Open Source distributed hydrological model):  http://www.geotop.org/

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

Emanuele Cordano-2
Hi andrea,

The instructions are written here: http://jgrass.wiki.software.bz.it/jgrass/weekly_reports

>> The new netCDF input archive
>> contains the lat and lon dimension of the new window of my region, but there no variables corresponding to the rasters contained in the mapset.  I use a jgrass/udig version
>> for Mac which I received the latest MIGG cource on february 2010. Is it available something more recent?
>
> There is a new JGrass version available that is aligned with uDig 1.2.
> But that will not help, since there has been a libraries mismatch on
> the uDig side that prevents the use of the netcdf related modules. Sad
> but true. Anyways, nothing changed in the netcdf part since the
> release you are using, so you should be good to go.

I can retry after lunch. Something could be escaped to me.

ciao

Emanuele

> Ciao
> Andrea
>

>> Thanks for the kind attention
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Emanuele

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

Andrea Antonello
Hi Emanuele,

[...]
>> which instructions did you follow?
>
> The instructions are written here: http://jgrass.wiki.software.bz.it/jgrass/weekly_reports

Just to make sure. After adding the variables and raster maps you
could see something like in this picture?

http://jgrass.wiki.software.bz.it/jgrass/weekly_reports?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=netcdfexp_09.png

Andrea

>>> The new netCDF input archive
>>> contains the lat and lon dimension of the new window of my region, but there no variables corresponding to the rasters contained in the mapset.  I use a jgrass/udig version
>>> for Mac which I received the latest MIGG cource on february 2010. Is it available something more recent?
>>
>> There is a new JGrass version available that is aligned with uDig 1.2.
>> But that will not help, since there has been a libraries mismatch on
>> the uDig side that prevents the use of the netcdf related modules. Sad
>> but true. Anyways, nothing changed in the netcdf part since the
>> release you are using, so you should be good to go.
>>

> I can retry after lunch. Something could be escaped to me.
>
> ciao
>
> Emanuele
>
>> Ciao
>> Andrea
>>

>>> Thanks for the kind attention
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> Emanuele

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

Emanuele Cordano-2
Thanks Andrea,

I retry and I successfully exported a time-independent map.  I did not see the latest pictures: I defined the variable without linking to the raster map in the mapset.

This is not due to any mismatch among libraries.

cheers

Emanuele

On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:36 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi Emanuele,
>
> [...]
>>> which instructions did you follow?
>>
>> The instructions are written here: http://jgrass.wiki.software.bz.it/jgrass/weekly_reports
>
> Just to make sure. After adding the variables and raster maps you
> could see something like in this picture?
>
> http://jgrass.wiki.software.bz.it/jgrass/weekly_reports?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=netcdfexp_09.png
>
> Andrea

>>> There is a new JGrass version available that is aligned with uDig 1.2.
>>> But that will not help, since there has been a libraries mismatch on
>>> the uDig side that prevents the use of the netcdf related modules. Sad
>>> but true. Anyways, nothing changed in the netcdf part since the
>>> release you are using, so you should be good to go.
>>>

>> I can retry after lunch. Something could be escaped to me.
>>
>> ciao
>>
>> Emanuele
>>
>>> Ciao
>>> Andrea

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

wew111
poker online good here thanks for shared best good article

Re: how to export a grass mapset into a netcdf archive

wew111
agen poker this is very nice and good article