how to handle lines and corresponding polygones

how to handle lines and corresponding polygones

manfred.haiduk

Hi all

just struggling about this : in my lines file i use this statement

waterway=dam & area!=yes [0x10f00 resolution 24 continue]

and the polygon file looks like this

waterway=dam & area=yes [0x24 resolution 20]

So i thought, if the waterway dam is a closed line it would be shown as polygon and not as a closed line, but it doesn't do this.Where is my fault ?

Re: how to handle lines and corresponding polygones

Gerd Petermann
The result depends on the OSM object you are looking at. Please give an example that doesn't work as expected.

Re: how to handle lines and corresponding polygones

Ticker Berkin
Hi

1st - check if an earlier rule sets area=...

Your lines rule will give a line unless it has area=yes - the way being
closed has no effect.

Use is_closed() and/or mkgmap:mp_created to change the behaviour to
what you want

Ticker

On Sat, 2019-04-13 at 20:07 +0200, Manfred Haiduk wrote:

> Hi all
> just struggling about this : in my lines file i use this statement
> waterway=dam & area!=yes [0x10f00 resolution 24 continue]
> and the polygon file looks like this
> waterway=dam & area=yes [0x24 resolution 20]
> So i thought, if the waterway dam is a closed line it would be shown
> as polygon and not as a closed line, but it doesn't do this.Where is
> my fault ?

Re: how to handle lines and corresponding polygones

DD8KQ
So this is what i'm trying to do.  As you can see from the picture "Rur"
the tag waterway=dam is a polygon but in the area of the picture "Wehe"
the waterway=dam is only a line. Having the statement waterway=dam only
in the polygon file, it's quite obvious that mkgmap is rendering the rur
area correct but for the whe area there is nothing. Adding waterway=dam
also in the lines file, both areas will be shown with the intended line
for the dam but the polygon is missing, even if i try to add the area
yes or no statement. I know from my runway experiance it should work
somehow but for now i'm stopped

Am 13.04.2019 um 20:31 schrieb Ticker Berkin:

> Hi
>
> 1st - check if an earlier rule sets area=...
>
> Your lines rule will give a line unless it has area=yes - the way being
> closed has no effect.
>
> Use is_closed() and/or mkgmap:mp_created to change the behaviour to
> what you want
>
> Ticker
>
> On Sat, 2019-04-13 at 20:07 +0200, Manfred Haiduk wrote:
>> Hi all
>> just struggling about this : in my lines file i use this statement
>> waterway=dam & area!=yes [0x10f00 resolution 24 continue]
>> and the polygon file looks like this
>> waterway=dam & area=yes [0x24 resolution 20]
>> So i thought, if the waterway dam is a closed line it would be shown
>> as polygon and not as a closed line, but it doesn't do this.Where is
>> my fault ?

      Viele Grüße und 73 de Manfred Haiduk, DD8KQ
      e-mail [hidden email] [hidden email]

Rur.JPG (225K) Download Attachment
Wehe.JPG (188K) Download Attachment