how to update the udig community site

Mauricio Pazos
Hello: I have added this "how to" page: "Update Site for Community
Contributions"

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/Update+Site+for+Community+Contributions

Fill free to update / improve it

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

Re: how to update the udig community site

Jody Garnett-2
That is great - thank you!

On 17/05/2010, at 8:00 PM, Mauricio Pazos wrote:

> Hello: I have added this "how to" page: "Update Site for Community
> Contributions"
>
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/Update+Site+for+Community+Contributions
>
> Fill free to update / improve it
>
> cheers
> --
> Mauricio Pazos
> www.axios.es

Re: how to update the udig community site

Andrea Antonello
Hi folks,
I right now am trying the new RC3 as downloaded.

In the new features install I was expecting the community update site
to appear, but it doesn't for me on linux 64bits.

Did anyone try and get the site?

Ciao
Andrea

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 10:34:44 am andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I right now am trying the new RC3 as downloaded.
>
> In the new features install I was expecting the community update site
> to appear, but it doesn't for me on linux 64bits.
>
> Did anyone try and get the site?
>
> Ciao
> Andrea
I will download the last RC3 to check it.

cheers

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 10:59:30 am Mauricio Pazos wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 May 2010 10:34:44 am andrea antonello wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > I right now am trying the new RC3 as downloaded.
> >
> > In the new features install I was expecting the community update site
> > to appear, but it doesn't for me on linux 64bits.
> >
> > Did anyone try and get the site?
> >
> > Ciao
> > Andrea
>
> I will download the last RC3 to check it.
>
> cheers

I have not chance to test in 64bit architecture, so I have experimented a
different error using udig-1.2-RC3.linux.gtk.x86.

These are my test cases

1- Seleting JGrass I get the following "Error Details":
The current configuration contains errors and this operation can have
unpredictable results.

  net.refractions.udig_application-feature (1.2.0.201005171909) requires
feature "net.refractions.udig_platform (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.

2 -Selecting Axios I get the following "Error Details":

Current configuration contains errors that are not corrected by the requested
operation and more errors would be introduced. See details for more
information.

  ----- Current configuration problems -----
  ----- Configuration problems after the operation -----
    net.refractions.udig_application-feature (1.2.0.201005171909) requires
feature "net.refractions.udig_platform (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.
    es.axios.udig.editingtools (1.3.0.m5) requires feature
"net.refractions.udig_application (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.
    es.axios.udig.spatialoperations (1.3.0.m5) requires feature
"net.refractions.udig_application (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.

I think we should solve this compatibility issues in our plugins.

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

Re: how to update the udig community site

Andrea Antonello
Hi Mauricio,

[...]

> I have not chance to test in 64bit architecture, so I have experimented a
> different error using udig-1.2-RC3.linux.gtk.x86.

But does the community site appear to you by default or did you enter
the remote url?

This is my first issue. I do not get anything. I would have to enter
the community site manually as remote site.

> These are my test cases
>
> 1- Seleting JGrass I get the following "Error Details":
> The current configuration contains errors and this operation can have
> unpredictable results.
>
>  net.refractions.udig_application-feature (1.2.0.201005171909) requires
> feature "net.refractions.udig_platform (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.
>
> 2 -Selecting Axios I get the following "Error Details":
>
> Current configuration contains errors that are not corrected by the requested
> operation and more errors would be introduced. See details for more
> information.
>
>  ----- Current configuration problems -----
>    net.refractions.udig_application-feature (1.2.0.201005171909) requires
> feature "net.refractions.udig_platform (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.
>  ----- Configuration problems after the operation -----
>    net.refractions.udig_application-feature (1.2.0.201005171909) requires
> feature "net.refractions.udig_platform (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.
>    es.axios.udig.editingtools (1.3.0.m5) requires feature
> "net.refractions.udig_application (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.
>    es.axios.udig.spatialoperations (1.3.0.m5) requires feature
> "net.refractions.udig_application (1.2.0.qualifier)", or compatible.
>
> I think we should solve this compatibility issues in our plugins.

Ok, agreed.

Ciao
Andrea

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 11:47:05 am andrea antonello wrote:
> But does the community site appear to you by default or did you enter
> the remote url?
>
> This is my first issue. I do not get anything. I would have to enter
> the community site manually as remote site.
You are right. Add the url using the "New Remote Site"
http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community
--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

Re: how to update the udig community site

Andrea Antonello
[...]
> You are right. Add the url using the "New Remote Site"
> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community

We used to have the community site there by default at some point.

Not sure who did that, I guess Jesse. Any hint here?

Andrea

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 12:04:08 pm andrea antonello wrote:

> [...]
>
> > You are right. Add the url using the "New Remote Site"
> > http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community
>
> We used to have the community site there by default at some point.
>
> Not sure who did that, I guess Jesse. Any hint here?
>
> Andrea
More ...
I have a look at net.refractions.udig-features/feature.xml
I have changed the url section with "1.2" but it do not work

   <url>
      <update label="User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS Updates"
url="http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/udig/"/>

      <discovery label="uDig 1.2 Updates"
url="http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/udig"/>

      <discovery label="uDig 1.2 Discovery Site"
url="http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community"/>

   </url>

--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

Re: how to update the udig community site

Andrea Antonello
Yeah, I was wondering.. this is a udig issue, not of our plugins.
There is a discrepancy between the polugins, so no plugin will ever be
installed.

Hmmm, I am on IRC right now, perhaps we can spend a moment to face the problem?

Ciao
Andrea

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Mauricio Pazos
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 May 2010 12:04:08 pm andrea antonello wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> > You are right. Add the url using the "New Remote Site"
>> > http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community
>>
>> We used to have the community site there by default at some point.
>>
>> Not sure who did that, I guess Jesse. Any hint here?
>>
>> Andrea
> More ...
> I have a look at net.refractions.udig-features/feature.xml
> I have changed the url section with "1.2" but it do not work
>
>   <url>
>      <update label="User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS Updates"
> url="http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/udig/"/>
>
>      <discovery label="uDig 1.2 Updates"
> url="http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/udig"/>
>
>      <discovery label="uDig 1.2 Discovery Site"
> url="http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community"/>
>
>   </url>
>

> --
> Mauricio Pazos
> www.axios.es

Re: how to update the udig community site

Andrea Antonello
Mauricio,

[...]
> More ...
> I have a look at net.refractions.udig-features/feature.xml
> I have changed the url section with "1.2" but it do not work

I think you should simply removing (i.e. leave empty) the "Version to
match" field of the udig_platform entry in the dependencies tab of the
net.refractions.udig_application-feature.
Could you please try that? I would myself but I have currently some
issues in the environment.

Why are you modifing the net.refractions.udig-features anyways?

Ciao
Andrea

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 01:20:14 pm andrea antonello wrote:
> I think you should simply removing (i.e. leave empty) the "Version to
> match" field of the udig_platform entry in the dependencies tab of the
> net.refractions.udig_application-feature.
> Could you please try that? I would myself but I have currently some
> issues in the environment.

ok, I will try
> Why are you modifing the net.refractions.udig-features anyways?
To present a default remote sites like udig 1.1:
JGrass
uDig 1.1 Discovery Site
UWB updates

cheers

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 01:38:06 pm Mauricio Pazos wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 May 2010 01:20:14 pm andrea antonello wrote:
> > I think you should simply removing (i.e. leave empty) the "Version to
> > match" field of the udig_platform entry in the dependencies tab of the
> > net.refractions.udig_application-feature.
> > Could you please try that? I would myself but I have currently some
> > issues in the environment.
>
> ok, I will try
it work!
--