iD invents nosquare=yes for buildings which should not be squared

iD invents nosquare=yes for buildings which should not be squared – Hi, this could be seen as a tagging discussion but I think that it is a discussion on governance and power. That's why this email goes to the ...
Automatic translation with Deepl below Bonjour à tous, Je reviens sur ce fil de discussion qui ne semble pas avoir fait émerger une décision qua...
Am 09.05.2019 um 23:14 schrieb Mikel Maron: > > What do you think? Should the next version of iD be deployed on > www.openstreetmap.o...
> I believe the issue is more about the unwillingness to take community feedback seriously at all when it doesn't coincide with the opinions al...
Hi, Trying to get focus back on the thread topic. Storing hints like nosquare=yes (or square=no) is not best practice of data curation on w worl...
Some validation tools, like Osmose, make great efforts to maintain a 'false positive' database. Also, I don't think such validation of building o...
On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 3:39 PM Yves <yvecai@...> wrote: > Some validation tools, like Osmose, make great efforts to maintain a > ...
There certainly is benefit to piggybacking QA data on the OSM databases, but there are downsides. Moving a node will not change the way's version...
May 20 2019 at 14 h 02 min 51 s UTC−4, Stefan Keller <sfkeller@...> wrote : > Trying to get focus back on the thread topic. > Sto...
Just a general remark on the technical issue that sparked of this discussion:  squaring buildings is not primarily about improving data quality....
Why we square buildings (WAS: iD invents nosquare=yes for buildings which should not be squared) – Hi, Am 11/05/2019 um 21.09 schrieb Simon Poole: > Just a general remark on the technical issue that sparked of this > discussion:  squa...
Am 11/05/2019 um 21.09 schrieb Simon Poole: > Just a general remark on the technical issue that sparked of this > discussion:  squaring bu...
>Are buildings with rectangular corners buildings mappers from developed countries want to see on a map because they look more professional/ti...
On Thursday 09 May 2019, Simon Poole wrote: > > The question was not about validating square or not square buildings, > it is about stori...
Hi Mikel, Am 09.05.19 um 23:14 schrieb Mikel Maron: > Absolutely. My understanding is this feature will greatly improve data quality in OSM...
On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 6:18 PM Mikel Maron <mikel.maron@...> wrote: > Absolutely. My understanding is this feature will greatly improve d...
9 May 2019, 22:14 by osm-ml@...: > What do you think? Should the next version of iD be deployed on > www.openstreetmap.org <htt...
On 5/9/2019 4:14 PM, Michael Reichert wrote > Quincy Morgan, one of the maintainers of iD, invented a new tag called > nosquare=yes today w...
Hola, On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 06:00:20PM -0400, Jmapb wrote: > This strikes me as a pretty bad idea. I map in NYC where we have lots, >...
Hi, Am 10.05.19 um 00:00 schrieb Jmapb: > This strikes me as a pretty bad idea. I map in NYC where we have lots, > lots, lots of nearly...
On 09/05/2019 23:21, Michael Reichert wrote: > JOSM runs its validation rules only on objects modified or created in > the current session. ...
Michael Reichert <osm-ml@...> writes: > JOSM runs its validation rules only on objects modified or created in > the current session. ...
On 5/9/2019 6:21 PM, Michael Reichert wrote: > JOSM runs its validation rules only on objects modified or created in > the current session....
I agree it's a bad idea inflating the database size and I don't agree that all buildings should be square. Let iD warn about buildings mapped in...
Not the first time tagging is bent to editor's will, but this one is gross. Yves Le 9 mai 2019 22:14:31 GMT+02:00, Michael Reichert <osm-m...