iD news - v2.7.0, new imagery, upgraded turn restriction editor

iD news - v2.7.0, new imagery, upgraded turn restriction editor

Bryan Housel
Hey everyone, I just released iD v2.7.0 and it’s now available for editing on openstreetmap.org

📣 Release Highlights

• 🗺 We've added support for more background imagery from WMS servers.
Thanks Martin Raifer and Guillaume Rischard for your work on this..
Press B to open the Background pane and see if new imagery is available in your area.

• ↪️ The turn restriction editor just got a big update!
• Include nearby connected roads (with configurable distance)
• Hover over a from way to see which paths are restricted or allowed
• Add restrictions that span one or more via ways (e.g. divided highway u-turns)
• Add `only_` turn restrictions (e.g. only straight on)
• View popup help for more information about working with turn restrictions
Try selecting a junction node in a complex intersection, editing turn restrictions, and viewing the popup help.

And as always, many more presets, bugfixes, and performance improvements.

Developers, we need your help!
We’re starting to add Flow annotations to iD’s source code.  Flow is a type-checking system to help catch common errors in JavaScript code (an untyped language).  If you’re interested in learning about the iD internals or want to learn Flow, please help out!  This is a great task for anyone, from beginners to experts.  Check out this GitHub issue for more info:

Changelog:

Twitter:
Request for help, Flow annotations:  https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/970505437526286336

Reddit:

Follow and star the iD project on GitHub to show your support:  https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD
And follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel for the latest iD news.

Thank you!
❤️ Bryan, and the rest of the 🆔 team.

Re: iD news - v2.7.0, new imagery, upgraded turn restriction editor

Mike N.
On 3/5/2018 3:52 PM, Bryan Housel wrote:
> *• 🗺 We've added support for more background imagery from WMS servers. *
> Thanks Martin Raifer and Guillaume Rischard for your work on this..
> /Press B to open the Background pane and see if new imagery is available
> in your area./

   Fantastic!   Is there a syntax to specify custom WMS imagery?

Re: iD news - v2.7.0, new imagery, upgraded turn restriction editor

Kevin Kenny-4
On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Bryan Housel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey everyone, I just released iD v2.7.0 and it’s now available for editing on openstreetmap.org

📣 Release Highlights

• 🗺 We've added support for more background imagery from WMS servers.
Thanks Martin Raifer and Guillaume Rischard for your work on this..
Press B to open the Background pane and see if new imagery is available in your area.

Thank you, thank you!

I'd just recently cleared the use of New York State Orthos Online (which has 30-cm 'leaves down' imagery!) - and now I can see it for casual edits in iD as well as serious editing sessions in JOSM.

Is there a way that I can make it the default? For just about the entire state, it's better aligned and more current than Bing.

Re: iD news - v2.7.0, new imagery, upgraded turn restriction editor

Bryan Housel
> Thank you, thank you!
>
> I'd just recently cleared the use of New York State Orthos Online (which has 30-cm 'leaves down' imagery!) - and now I can see it for casual edits in iD as well as serious editing sessions in JOSM.
>
> Is there a way that I can make it the default? For just about the entire state, it's better aligned and more current than Bing.

Yes thank you for your work in getting these NY State Orthos for us to use!!  They look great.

We can set a flag in editor-layer-index to mark this source as the best imagery available.
Let me know if you want me to do this and I’ll add it before the next release.

(Although I think at least in some of the more populated parts, Mapbox Satellite has 7.5cm imagery and is very recent - do check it out!)

Thanks Bryan