importing a srtm ascii-file

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

importing a srtm ascii-file

Luitpold Hingerl
Hello,
I'm a new jgrass user.
I want to import a srtm asci-file in jgrass.
This is its header:
ncols        751
nrows        701
xllcorner    10.7479
yllcorner    47.4179
cellsize     0.000833333
nodata_value -9999

After importing it, it says map successfully writen to the mapset but
nothing appears in the display window.
The properties of the map it indicates the status: "layer outside of
visible window".
Anyone an idea what the problem is?

I'd appreciate any helping suggestions!

Sincerely,

Leo
_______________________________________________
JGrass-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: importing a srtm ascii-file

Andrea Antonello
Hi Luitpold,

> I'm a new jgrass user.
> I want to import a srtm asci-file in jgrass.
> This is its header:
> ncols        751
> nrows        701
> xllcorner    10.7479
> yllcorner    47.4179
> cellsize     0.000833333
> nodata_value -9999
>
> After importing it, it says map successfully writen to the mapset but
> nothing appears in the display window.
> The properties of the map it indicates the status: "layer outside of
> visible window".
> Anyone an idea what the problem is?

as I can see from the header the map is in lat/long format.
Is the mapset you are importing into of the proper projection?
How did you create the starting location/mapset?

Andrea



>
> I'd appreciate any helping suggestions!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Leo
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: importing a srtm ascii-file

Luitpold Hingerl
andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi Luitpold,
>
>> I'm a new jgrass user.
>> I want to import a srtm asci-file in jgrass.
>> This is its header:
>> ncols        751
>> nrows        701
>> xllcorner    10.7479
>> yllcorner    47.4179
>> cellsize     0.000833333
>> nodata_value -9999
>>
>> After importing it, it says map successfully writen to the mapset but
>> nothing appears in the display window.
>> The properties of the map it indicates the status: "layer outside of
>> visible window".
>> Anyone an idea what the problem is?
>
> as I can see from the header the map is in lat/long format.
> Is the mapset you are importing into of the proper projection?
> How did you create the starting location/mapset?
>
> Andrea
>
>
>
>> I'd appreciate any helping suggestions!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Leo
>> _______________________________________________
>> JGrass-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users
>>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users

Oh, you're right.
The mapset was in the wrong projection.
I changed the header to UTM and now it works.
Thank you very much for answering so fast!

Greets,

Leo
_______________________________________________
JGrass-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-users