is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

iomeneandrei
Dear All,
If I add a grass layer in JGrass and then remove it, it's impossible to manage it (i.e. rename, cancel) in grass.
It seems that JGrass locks in some way the grass layer. You can see this behaviour in action in this movie:
http://www.spaziogis.it/dokuwiki/public:jgrass:rename_layer

In this video you can see I can not rename a grass layer. Is it a way to remove this lock?

Thank you,

Andrea

Andrea Borruso

email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Andrea,

> If I add a grass layer in JGrass and then remove it, it's impossible to
> manage it (i.e. rename, cancel) in grass.
> It seems that JGrass locks in some way the grass layer. You can see this
> behaviour in action in this movie:
> http://www.spaziogis.it/dokuwiki/public:jgrass:rename_layer
>
> In this video you can see I can not rename a grass layer. Is it a way to
> remove this lock?

I am afraid that the only way to do so is to close JGrass.
This is a windows only problem and I have this problem in my major fix
priorities list.
The problem is that the operating system seems to hold the file for
much longer than needed, even if the file handle is closed.

I will have to find a tool (perhaps JConsole would help me?) to find
if somwhere a udig class keeps the filehandle open or if it is a OS
problem.

Andrea

> Thank you,
>
> Andrea
>

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Giuseppe Cinque
Hello,
I think that this problem is connected at:

http://dev.fsc.bz.it/pipermail/jgrass-devel/2008-November/000230.html

because again if I close and open JGgrass then it works.
But with a simple refresh of JGrass service

JGrassCatalogUtilities.refreshJGrassService(locationPath, progressMonitor);  (1)

at grass operation end it seems to work correctly.
In this case the Lock on locationPath is false after (1) operation.

>Hi Andrea,
>
>> If I add a grass layer in JGrass and then remove it, it's impossible to
>> manage it (i.e. rename, cancel) in grass.
>>It seems that JGrass locks in some way the grass layer. You can see this
>> behaviour in action in this movie:
>> http://www.spaziogis.it/dokuwiki/public:jgrass:rename_layer
>>
>> In this video you can see I can not rename a grass layer. Is it a way to
>> remove this lock?
>
>I am afraid that the only way to do so is to close JGrass.
>This is a windows only problem and I have this problem in my major fix
>priorities list.
>The problem is that the operating system seems to hold the file for
>much longer than needed, even if the file handle is closed.
>
>I will have to find a tool (perhaps JConsole would help me?) to find
>if somwhere a udig class keeps the filehandle open or if it is a OS
>problem.
>
>Andrea
>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Giuseppe,
good to hear from you.

> I think that this problem is connected at:
>
> http://dev.fsc.bz.it/pipermail/jgrass-devel/2008-November/000230.html
>
> because again if I close and open JGgrass then it works.
> But with a simple refresh of JGrass service
>
> JGrassCatalogUtilities.refreshJGrassService(locationPath, progressMonitor);  (1)
>
> at grass operation end it seems to work correctly.
> In this case the Lock on locationPath is false after (1) operation.

Alright, that system.out was just a check on the syncronization block,
and isn't directly related to the file lock.
But your hint made me look into it and I found several places in which
the filehandle of some stream wasn't closed.
I hope I got them all, but I am not able to test that right now, since
I am on linux and that supports removing files while I am reading
them.
If you are able to try, I am more than glad to commit in the
jgrass4udig111 branch (is that the one you are using?).

If that solves the problem of map removing and overwriting I owe you
both a beer.

Let me know if I should commit right now.
Andrea

>>Hi Andrea,
>>
>>> If I add a grass layer in JGrass and then remove it, it's impossible to
>>> manage it (i.e. rename, cancel) in grass.
>>>It seems that JGrass locks in some way the grass layer. You can see this
>>> behaviour in action in this movie:
>>> http://www.spaziogis.it/dokuwiki/public:jgrass:rename_layer
>>>
>>> In this video you can see I can not rename a grass layer. Is it a way to
>>> remove this lock?
>>
>>I am afraid that the only way to do so is to close JGrass.
>>This is a windows only problem and I have this problem in my major fix
>>priorities list.
>>The problem is that the operating system seems to hold the file for
>>much longer than needed, even if the file handle is closed.
>>
>>I will have to find a tool (perhaps JConsole would help me?) to find
>>if somwhere a udig class keeps the filehandle open or if it is a OS
>>problem.
>>
>>Andrea
>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Giuseppe Cinque
Hello Andrea,
I use this brach JGrass src:

https://svn.dev.cocos.bz//svnroot/jgrass/jgrass3.0/branches/jgrass4udig1.1.x/trunk/

and uDig 1.1.1 lib on windows xp.

I can try.

>Hi Giuseppe,
>good to hear from you.
>
>> I think that this problem is connected at:
>>
>> http://dev.fsc.bz.it/pipermail/jgrass-devel/2008-November/000230.html
>>
>> because again if I close and open JGgrass then it works.
>> But with a simple refresh of JGrass service
>>
>> JGrassCatalogUtilities.refreshJGrassService(locationPath, progressMonitor);  (1)
>>
>> at grass operation end it seems to work correctly.
>> In this case the Lock on locationPath is false after (1) operation.

>Alright, that system.out was just a check on the syncronization block,
>and isn't directly related to the file lock.
>But your hint made me look into it and I found several places in which
>the filehandle of some stream wasn't closed.
>I hope I got them all, but I am not able to test that right now, since
>I am on linux and that supports removing files while I am reading
>them.
>If you are able to try, I am more than glad to commit in the
>jgrass4udig111 branch (is that the one you are using?).
>
>If that solves the problem of map removing and overwriting I owe you
>both a beer.
>
>Let me know if I should commit right now.
>Andrea
>

>>Hi Andrea,
>>
>>> If I add a grass layer in JGrass and then remove it, it's impossible to
>>> manage it (i.e. rename, cancel) in grass.
>>>It seems that JGrass locks in some way the grass layer. You can see this
>>> behaviour in action in this movie:
>>> http://www.spaziogis.it/dokuwiki/public:jgrass:rename_layer
>>>
>>> In this video you can see I can not rename a grass layer. Is it a way to
>>> remove this lock?
>>
>>I am afraid that the only way to do so is to close JGrass.
>>This is a windows only problem and I have this problem in my major fix
>>priorities list.
>>The problem is that the operating system seems to hold the file for
>>much longer than needed, even if the file handle is closed.
>>
>>I will have to find a tool (perhaps JConsole would help me?) to find
>>if somwhere a udig class keeps the filehandle open or if it is a OS
>>problem.
>>
>>Andrea
>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Giuseppe,

> I use this brach JGrass src:
>
> https://svn.dev.cocos.bz//svnroot/jgrass/jgrass3.0/branches/jgrass4udig1.1.x/trunk/
>
> and uDig 1.1.1 lib on windows xp.
>
> I can try.

Great, I just committed the change on that branch.

I keep my fingers crossed.

Andrea

>>Hi Giuseppe,
>>good to hear from you.
>>
>>> I think that this problem is connected at:
>>>
>>> http://dev.fsc.bz.it/pipermail/jgrass-devel/2008-November/000230.html
>>>
>>> because again if I close and open JGgrass then it works.
>>> But with a simple refresh of JGrass service
>>>
>>> JGrassCatalogUtilities.refreshJGrassService(locationPath, progressMonitor);  (1)
>>>
>>> at grass operation end it seems to work correctly.
>>> In this case the Lock on locationPath is false after (1) operation.
>
>>Alright, that system.out was just a check on the syncronization block,
>>and isn't directly related to the file lock.
>>But your hint made me look into it and I found several places in which
>>the filehandle of some stream wasn't closed.
>>I hope I got them all, but I am not able to test that right now, since
>>I am on linux and that supports removing files while I am reading
>>them.
>>If you are able to try, I am more than glad to commit in the
>>jgrass4udig111 branch (is that the one you are using?).
>>
>>If that solves the problem of map removing and overwriting I owe you
>>both a beer.
>>
>>Let me know if I should commit right now.
>>Andrea
>>

>>>Hi Andrea,

>>>I am afraid that the only way to do so is to close JGrass.
>>>This is a windows only problem and I have this problem in my major fix
>>>priorities list.
>>>The problem is that the operating system seems to hold the file for
>>>much longer than needed, even if the file handle is closed.
>>>
>>>I will have to find a tool (perhaps JConsole would help me?) to find
>>>if somwhere a udig class keeps the filehandle open or if it is a OS
>>>problem.
>>>
>>>Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Giuseppe Cinque
Hello Andrea,
I did the following test:

1. Start JGrass
2. New map
3. Add a raster layer "thin"
4. I rename a layer with the command:

grass g.rename.exe rast=thin,renamethin

Console output

Rename raster <thin> to <renamethin>

It's ok.

5a. Close JGrass
6a. Start JGrass
7a. Add the raster "renamethin", it's ok. And there is the error "Non
è stato trovato nessun renderer in grado di renderizzare il piano" on
"thin" raster because this dont'exist.

If
5a. Add the raster "renamethin", isn't ok, there is "Non è stato
trovato nessun renderer in grado di renderizzare il piano" on
"renamethin"

Hi Giuseppe,

> I use this brach JGrass src:
>
> https://svn.dev.cocos.bz//svnroot/jgrass/jgrass3.0/branches/jgrass4udig1.1.x/trunk/
>
> and uDig 1.1.1 lib on windows xp.
>
> I can try.

Great, I just committed the change on that branch.

I keep my fingers crossed.

Andrea

>>Hi Giuseppe,
>>good to hear from you.
>>
>>> I think that this problem is connected at:
>>>
>>> http://dev.fsc.bz.it/pipermail/jgrass-devel/2008-November/000230.html
>>>
>>> because again if I close and open JGgrass then it works.
>>> But with a simple refresh of JGrass service
>>>
>>> JGrassCatalogUtilities.refreshJGrassService(locationPath, progressMonitor);  (1)
>>>
>>> at grass operation end it seems to work correctly.
>>> In this case the Lock on locationPath is false after (1) operation.
>
>>Alright, that system.out was just a check on the syncronization block,
>>and isn't directly related to the file lock.
>>But your hint made me look into it and I found several places in which
>>the filehandle of some stream wasn't closed.
>>I hope I got them all, but I am not able to test that right now, since
>>I am on linux and that supports removing files while I am reading
>>them.
>>If you are able to try, I am more than glad to commit in the
>>jgrass4udig111 branch (is that the one you are using?).
>>
>>If that solves the problem of map removing and overwriting I owe you
>>both a beer.
>>
>>Let me know if I should commit right now.
>>Andrea
>>

>>>Hi Andrea,

>>>I am afraid that the only way to do so is to close JGrass.
>>>This is a windows only problem and I have this problem in my major fix
>>>priorities list.
>>>The problem is that the operating system seems to hold the file for
>>>much longer than needed, even if the file handle is closed.
>>>
>>>I will have to find a tool (perhaps JConsole would help me?) to find
>>>if somwhere a udig class keeps the filehandle open or if it is a OS
>>>problem.
>>>
>>>Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Giuseppe,
thanks for the testing.

I made some further changes and did right now some testing on a windows machine.
The removing of a map that is currently visualised works for me!
Didn't try the rename yet, but I guess I will anyway make a pure java
version of it.

Could you please do an update and test the thing again?
I would be extremely glad to mark this bug as fixed. :)

Ciao
Andrea

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Giuseppe Cinque <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Andrea,
> I did the following test:
>
> 1. Start JGrass
> 2. New map
> 3. Add a raster layer "thin"
> 4. I rename a layer with the command:
>
> grass g.rename.exe rast=thin,renamethin
>
> Console output
>
> Rename raster <thin> to <renamethin>
>
> It's ok.
>
> 5a. Close JGrass
> 6a. Start JGrass
> 7a. Add the raster "renamethin", it's ok. And there is the error "Non
> è stato trovato nessun renderer in grado di renderizzare il piano" on
> "thin" raster because this dont'exist.
>
> If
> 5a. Add the raster "renamethin", isn't ok, there is "Non è stato
> trovato nessun renderer in grado di renderizzare il piano" on
> "renamethin"
>

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
>> I use this brach JGrass src:
>>
>> https://svn.dev.cocos.bz//svnroot/jgrass/jgrass3.0/branches/jgrass4udig1.1.x/trunk/
>>
>> and uDig 1.1.1 lib on windows xp.
>>
>> I can try.
>
> Great, I just committed the change on that branch.
>
> I keep my fingers crossed.
>
> Andrea
>

>>>Hi Giuseppe,
>>>good to hear from you.

>>>Alright, that system.out was just a check on the syncronization block,
>>>and isn't directly related to the file lock.
>>>But your hint made me look into it and I found several places in which
>>>the filehandle of some stream wasn't closed.
>>>I hope I got them all, but I am not able to test that right now, since
>>>I am on linux and that supports removing files while I am reading
>>>them.
>>>If you are able to try, I am more than glad to commit in the
>>>jgrass4udig111 branch (is that the one you are using?).
>>>
>>>If that solves the problem of map removing and overwriting I owe you
>>>both a beer.
>>>
>>>Let me know if I should commit right now.
>>>Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Giuseppe,

> I did the update. I try some test but I have an error in grass output console.
>
> If I set in default.jgrass:
>
> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
> #MAPSET=D:\java\documentazione\sviluppo\mapset
> #GISBASE=C:\grass63RC5\grass-6.3.0RC5
> grass g.region.exe -p (for example)
>
> I have in output:
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unexpected char: '\' @ line 125, column 43.
> 1 error
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unexpected char: '\' @ line 125, column 43.
> 1 error

Ok, this is solved by putting a double backslash \\

> If I set in default.jgrass:
>
> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
> #MAPSET=D:/java/documentazione/sviluppo/mapset
> #GISBASE=C:/grass63RC5/grass-6.3.0RC5
> grass g.region.exe -p (for example)
>
> I have in output console:
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>  @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
> ConsoleHelper
>  @ line 125, column 22.
> 2 errors
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>  @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
> ConsoleHelper
>  @ line 125, column 22.
> 2 errors
>
> The class ConsoleHelper is in the my classpath.

This sounds like the console xml files didn't properly update because
of changes.
Can you try to replace your local ones with the ones of the repo?
Also make sure that all the plugins got updated.

Andrea

> 2008/12/1 andrea antonello <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Giuseppe,
>> thanks for the testing.
>>
>> I made some further changes and did right now some testing on a windows machine.
>> The removing of a map that is currently visualised works for me!
>> Didn't try the rename yet, but I guess I will anyway make a pure java
>> version of it.
>>
>> Could you please do an update and test the thing again?
>> I would be extremely glad to mark this bug as fixed. :)
>>
>> Ciao
>> Andrea
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Giuseppe Cinque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello Andrea,
>>> I did the following test:
>>>
>>> 1. Start JGrass
>>> 2. New map
>>> 3. Add a raster layer "thin"
>>> 4. I rename a layer with the command:
>>>
>>> grass g.rename.exe rast=thin,renamethin
>>>
>>> Console output
>>>
>>> Rename raster <thin> to <renamethin>
>>>
>>> It's ok.
>>>
>>> 5a. Close JGrass
>>> 6a. Start JGrass
>>> 7a. Add the raster "renamethin", it's ok. And there is the error "Non
>>> è stato trovato nessun renderer in grado di renderizzare il piano" on
>>> "thin" raster because this dont'exist.
>>>
>>> If
>>> 5a. Add the raster "renamethin", isn't ok, there is "Non è stato
>>> trovato nessun renderer in grado di renderizzare il piano" on
>>> "renamethin"
>>>

>>> Hi Giuseppe,

>>> Great, I just committed the change on that branch.
>>>
>>> I keep my fingers crossed.
>>>
>>> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Giuseppe,

> I tested the command g.rename   called from menu:
> GRASS -> generic -> g.rename
>
> It's ok, I add a rename map without restart JGrass without problem.

That is a great news, but I want to be sure:
Did you try with the map visualised in the map window?

Andrea

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Giuseppe Cinque <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Andrea,
> I have this problem yet. I do the update now.
> Also with the configuration in default.jgrass:
>
> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
> #MAPSET=D:\\java\\documentazione\\sviluppo\\mapset
> #GISBASE=C:\\grass63RC5\\grass-6.3.0RC5
>
> I have in output:
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
> @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
> ConsoleHelper
> @ line 125, column 22.
> 2 errors

Could you please have a look if you have the following line in the
standard_classes.xml file:

        <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />

Andrea

> 2008/12/1 andrea antonello <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Giuseppe,
>>
>>> I did the update. I try some test but I have an error in grass output console.
>>>
>>> If I set in default.jgrass:
>>>
>>> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
>>> #MAPSET=D:\java\documentazione\sviluppo\mapset
>>> #GISBASE=C:\grass63RC5\grass-6.3.0RC5
>>> grass g.region.exe -p (for example)
>>>
>>> I have in output:
>>>
>>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unexpected char: '\' @ line 125, column 43.
>>> 1 error
>>>
>>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unexpected char: '\' @ line 125, column 43.
>>> 1 error
>>
>> Ok, this is solved by putting a double backslash \\
>>

>>> If I set in default.jgrass:
>>>
>>> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
>>> #MAPSET=D:/java/documentazione/sviluppo/mapset
>>> #GISBASE=C:/grass63RC5/grass-6.3.0RC5
>>> grass g.region.exe -p (for example)
>>>
>>> I have in output console:
>>>
>>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>>>  @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
>>> ConsoleHelper
>>>  @ line 125, column 22.
>>> 2 errors
>>>
>>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>>>  @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
>>> ConsoleHelper
>>>  @ line 125, column 22.
>>> 2 errors
>>>
>>> The class ConsoleHelper is in the my classpath.
>>

>> This sounds like the console xml files didn't properly update because
>> of changes.
>> Can you try to replace your local ones with the ones of the repo?
>> Also make sure that all the plugins got updated.
>>
>> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Giuseppe Cinque
Hello Andrea,
I do update today. In standard_classes.xml there is

<import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />

but I have the error in output console:

startup failed, Script1.groovy: 126: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
 @ line 126, column 12.
1 error

I use grass-6.3.0RC5 for windows.
What's your grass gis base in windows?

Thank you.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Giuseppe Cinque <gfcinque at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Andrea,
> I have this problem yet. I do the update now.
> Also with the configuration in default.jgrass:
>
> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
> #MAPSET=D:\\java\\documentazione\\sviluppo\\mapset
> #GISBASE=C:\\grass63RC5\\grass-6.3.0RC5
>
> I have in output:
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
> @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
> ConsoleHelper
> @ line 125, column 22.
> 2 errors

Could you please have a look if you have the following line in the
standard_classes.xml file:

        <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />

Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Giuseppe,
finally I tried by doing a full checkout and got your same problem.

I found the problem due to a not properly commited file I think. But
that was on trunk.
Are you using trunk? Because on the jgrass4udig111 branch the problem
isn't there.

Andrea

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Giuseppe Cinque <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Andrea,
> I do update today. In standard_classes.xml there is
>
> <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />
>
> but I have the error in output console:
>
> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 126: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>  @ line 126, column 12.
> 1 error
>
> I use grass-6.3.0RC5 for windows.
> What's your grass gis base in windows?
>
> Thank you.
>
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Giuseppe Cinque <gfcinque at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Andrea,
>> I have this problem yet. I do the update now.
>> Also with the configuration in default.jgrass:
>>
>> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
>> #MAPSET=D:\\java\\documentazione\\sviluppo\\mapset
>> #GISBASE=C:\\grass63RC5\\grass-6.3.0RC5
>>
>> I have in output:
>>
>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>> @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
>> ConsoleHelper
>> @ line 125, column 22.
>> 2 errors
>
> Could you please have a look if you have the following line in the
> standard_classes.xml file:
>
>        <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />
>
> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Giuseppe Cinque
Hi Andrea,
I use jgrass src from:

https://svn.dev.cocos.bz/svnroot/jgrass/jgrass3.0/branches/jgrass4udig1.1.x/trunk/

Is it the most updated?

I tested jgrass build:

jgrass-1.1.x-build20081201191945-win32.win32.x86

With this build I haven't problem in grass console.

2008/12/3 andrea antonello <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Giuseppe,
> finally I tried by doing a full checkout and got your same problem.
>
> I found the problem due to a not properly commited file I think. But
> that was on trunk.
> Are you using trunk? Because on the jgrass4udig111 branch the problem
> isn't there.
>
> Andrea
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Giuseppe Cinque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Andrea,
>> I do update today. In standard_classes.xml there is
>>
>> <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />
>>
>> but I have the error in output console:
>>
>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 126: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>>  @ line 126, column 12.
>> 1 error
>>
>> I use grass-6.3.0RC5 for windows.
>> What's your grass gis base in windows?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Giuseppe Cinque <gfcinque at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello Andrea,
>>> I have this problem yet. I do the update now.
>>> Also with the configuration in default.jgrass:
>>>
>>> #LANGUAGE=GROOVY
>>> #MAPSET=D:\\java\\documentazione\\sviluppo\\mapset
>>> #GISBASE=C:\\grass63RC5\\grass-6.3.0RC5
>>>
>>> I have in output:
>>>
>>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>>> @ line 125, column 15.Script1.groovy: 125: unable to resolve class
>>> ConsoleHelper
>>> @ line 125, column 22.
>>> 2 errors
>>
>> Could you please have a look if you have the following line in the
>> standard_classes.xml file:
>>
>>        <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />
>>
>> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Andrea Antonello
Hi Giuseppe,

> I use jgrass src from:
>
> https://svn.dev.cocos.bz/svnroot/jgrass/jgrass3.0/branches/jgrass4udig1.1.x/trunk/
>
> Is it the most updated?

absolutely yes.
I can't figure out why you have problems with it.
Is it possible that your eclipse svn configuration doesn't update
certain files, like .project or .classpath?

Could you try to do a clean checkout? I did it and it works for me.

Let me know,
Andrea

> I tested jgrass build:
>
> jgrass-1.1.x-build20081201191945-win32.win32.x86
>
> With this build I haven't problem in grass console.
>
> 2008/12/3 andrea antonello <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Giuseppe,
>> finally I tried by doing a full checkout and got your same problem.
>>
>> I found the problem due to a not properly commited file I think. But
>> that was on trunk.
>> Are you using trunk? Because on the jgrass4udig111 branch the problem
>> isn't there.
>>
>> Andrea
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Giuseppe Cinque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello Andrea,
>>> I do update today. In standard_classes.xml there is
>>>
>>> <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />
>>>
>>> but I have the error in output console:
>>>
>>> startup failed, Script1.groovy: 126: unable to resolve class ConsoleHelper
>>>  @ line 126, column 12.
>>> 1 error
>>>
>>> I use grass-6.3.0RC5 for windows.
>>> What's your grass gis base in windows?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

>>> Could you please have a look if you have the following line in the
>>> standard_classes.xml file:
>>>
>>>        <import name="ConsoleHelper" class="eu.hydrologis.libs.utils.ConsoleHelper" />
>>>
>>> Andrea

Re: is there some lock for JGrass opened file??

Giuseppe Cinque
Hi Andrea,
with a clean checkout, it's ok!

Thank you