jp2 format

Luk

jp2 format

Luk
Hi,

Is there a way to use the jp2 format with udig 1.2M3 ?
thanks

^L^

Re: jp2 format

Jody Garnett-2
We use the ImageIO-Ext project for JP2 and ECW support. If you set up your JRE with support for these formats uDig will happily use it.

For more details:
- https://imageio-ext.dev.java.net/

uDig has taken to shipping a couple of JREs that include support for ECW and MRSID; cannot quite remember about JP2.
The above page has a table listing JPEG2000; you may wish to ask on the project email list for details on how to set it up.

Jody

On 29/07/2010, at 12:15 AM, Luk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to use the jp2 format with udig 1.2M3 ?
> thanks
>
> ^L^
Luk

Re: jp2 format

Luk
Hi Jody,

I saw that udig contain all the image-io plugin in this folder: /home/luk/bin/udig_1.2_RC4/plugins/net.refractions.udig.libs_1.2.0.201006262157/lib
The imageio-ext-gdalmrsidjp2-1.0.6-1.jar file is also included.

I try to read the Image I/O-Ext documentation [0] but I'm not a programmer so it's too difficult for me to set up a JRE with image-io support from zero, and I can't understand how to add this feature to the jre enclosed in udig.

However, thanks a lot for the support.
I hope the format may be supported by a next version of udig.

[0] https://imageio-ext.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=10434&expandFolder=10434&folderID=0

^L^

> We use the ImageIO-Ext project for JP2 and ECW support. If you set up
> your JRE with support for these formats uDig will happily use it.
>
> For more details:
> - https://imageio-ext.dev.java.net/
>
> uDig has taken to shipping a couple of JREs that include support for
> ECW and MRSID; cannot quite remember about JP2.
> The above page has a table listing JPEG2000; you may wish to ask on
> the project email list for details on how to set it up.
>
> Jody

Re: jp2 format

Jody Garnett-2
It may be supported now; depending on which platform you are running. win32 and linux32 and linux64 are all shipped with a "jre" that has the appropriate code in the jre/bin folder. I just cannot remember what formats those support.

This is a case where the jpeg 2000 support is written in C (ie is a library) and we are making use of it from Java.

Jody