kindly guide me ...........

Anna N
Hi?

Kindly guide me on how i can make a project to save lives in my region where people seasonally get attacked by jiggers ,my idea is to formulate an organization with a project to map [design a map] of central eastern Uganda which has six district as a victimized place which usually gets every one in the area attacked by jiggers. If the maps are designed the kingdom can always be vigilant on mobilizing the other tribes mates outside Uganda and able to fund treatment / prevention of the disastrous though funny disease .

As a volunteer i see sense in the idea with your guidance ,thank you so much

Nabirye  Annette Atugonza
BMTL Uganda.
E-activist Amnesty International East Africa.
UN-online volunteer [Crowd2map Tanzania Development Trust]
skype annette.nabirye
Nabirye  Annette
Skype annette.nabirye

Re: kindly guide me ...........

john whelan-2
Uganda has a fairly reasonable map at present.  There have been some thirty HOT projects in there and a few imports.  There are some 3,000 untagged ways to be cleaned up, I might have a look at them shortly.  Jiggers sound a bit like the Neglected Topical Diseases or NTDs which have been identified as having a disproportionate impact.  Dig round and you'll find organisations that are dealing with the problem.  Talk nicely to them and see how they are tackling them.

My suspicion would be wearing shoes would reduce the impact substantially.  Getting suitable footwear to the right place at the right cost is a logistics problem.  Education about how to avoid and to treat them might help.

OpenStreetMap is more designed to map permanent features.  Jiggers sounds more as if it is transient.  So mark on a map where cases are reported and have some sort of communication system that sends out an alert when the problem is more pressing.  Adding this to an existing infrastructure would be simpler and cheaper and the ideal place would be Uganda's public health service however I suspect that Uganda's public health system is not well funded as it could be.  This I suspect needs more education and long term political movement, a realisation that health care brings economic benefits.

Not a perfect solution I'm afraid.

Cheerio John

On 2 August 2017 at 12:41, Anna N <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Luswata David
Hi Annette,

Mapping is indeed one of the steps in the right direction of addressing this challenge in central eastern Uganda. MapUganda (twitter: @MapUganda) is a local mapping organisation and community of mappers and has worked on several mapping projects with partner organizations like HOT and UBOS. If you are in Kampala, you could meet with the MapUganda team to learn more and exchange ideas on the possibility of this mapping. Address: 4th Floor, Kanjokya House, Plot 90, Kanjokya Street, Kampala, Uganda. Map: http://osm.org/go/wiod8pfSM?m=

Thanks,

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Anna N <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

State of the Map Africa 2017
OSM Africa
Mapping every corner of Africa

Re: kindly guide me ...........

Arun Ganesh

OpenStreetMap is more designed to map permanent features.  Jiggers sounds more as if it is transient.  So mark on a map where cases are reported and have some sort of communication system that sends out an alert when the problem is more pressing.  Adding this to an existing infrastructure would be simpler and cheaper and the ideal place would be Uganda's public health service however I suspect that Uganda's public health system is not well funded as it could be.  This I suspect needs more education and long term political movement, a realisation that health care brings economic benefits.

If you are looking at tracking transient or temporary data like location of suspected cases, you could try something like the fieldnotes demo that I hacked together: https://osmlab.github.io/fieldnotes/ <- Feel free to add a point

The entire code is around 200 lines [1] and should be fairly easy to customize with a custom form for the data you want to collect. It works by saving data points as an overlay layer in a Mapbox dataset [2].

Re: kindly guide me ...........

Anna N
Thanks, I'll check it out.
"kindly refrain from printing this email/ document unless absolutely necessary let us protect the  environment together  👏👏"

Nabirye Annette Atugonza.