kothic-js demo with LandForm Panorama contours on Freemap

kothic-js demo with LandForm Panorama contours on Freemap

Nick Whitelegg-2
Hi,

Over Christmas I've been knocking together a demo which uses kothic-js client side rendering for Freemap, incorporating LandForm PANORAMA contours.
You can see it at http://www.free-map.org.uk/0.6/; full details on the blog post at http://www.free-map.org.uk/wordpress/?p=221. It's best viewed in Chrome (see the blog post), though it's been tested on Firefox 8 and Opera 11.6 as well.

To summarise: I'm pretty impressed with the lightweight clean simplicity of the components (e.g. Leaflet, geojson, mapcss, most of which I hadn't played with until now) and am generally pleased with the performance of kothic-js itself. One or two issues (not sure if the developers of kothic can answer these): I'm having difficulty with line features at tile boundaries. If any line features have coordinates of x=0 or y=0, or x=granularity or y=granularity, the whole tile rendering messes up, consequently I have to convert such coordinates to 1 or granularity-1 respectively. I use postgis ST_Intersection() with the bounding box to crop the geometries. Polygon features don't seem to have this problem... any idea?

Overall though I'm impressed and consequently kothic-js is likely to form the basis of the next revision of Freemap.

Nick