landuse=landfill : for regular/irregular ones

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

landuse=landfill : for regular/irregular ones

Sérgio V.
Many times in Brazil we found irregular landuse=landfill for urban waste disposals. 
Many times they are simple trash grounds uncontroled. 
Guess only 10% of them in Brazil are regularized.

There are 2 fundamental classes according to its situation:
A) "Sanitary Landfill" (in Brazil "Aterro Sanitário") : regular; officiall, controled, made according to health and environmental standards;
B) Simple "dumping grounds" ("Lixão") : irregular; unofficial and uncontroled, poluting waterways and underground waters, soil, etc. 

Perhaps it's not common in Europe to have this distinction. But I suppose it's the default situation in most of the rest of the world. I've seen in sattelite images many similars in many other parts of the underdeveloped world, it's easy to find it around - or inside - urban areas. They are not covered with any protective materials like successive regular layers of soil, but just open air trashes.

We've been talking many times in Brazil that we would need a tag (or sub-tag) to them, they are well known and distinguished. 
How could we tag this important difference
I think that using "landuse=landfill" + "landfill=regular/irregular" would be pretty enough. 
Would it be ok?

landfill:waste=regular/irregular? 
But seems it's for specifying the materials on waste, and not for the condition of the landfill, its official environmental control.

 Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sérgio - http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/smaprs


_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: landuse=landfill : for regular/irregular ones

Mark Wagner
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 18:41:19 +0000
Sérgio V. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many times in Brazil we found irregular landuse=landfill for urban
> waste disposals. Many times they are simple trash grounds uncontroled.
> Guess only 10% of them in Brazil are regularized.
>
> There are 2 fundamental classes according to its situation:
> A) "Sanitary Landfill" (in Brazil "Aterro Sanitário") : regular;
> officiall, controled, made according to health and environmental
> standards; B) Simple "dumping grounds" ("Lixão") : irregular;
> unofficial and uncontroled, poluting waterways and underground
> waters, soil, etc.
>
> Perhaps it's not common in Europe to have this distinction. But I
> suppose it's the default situation in most of the rest of the world.
> I've seen in sattelite images many similars in many other parts of
> the underdeveloped world, it's easy to find it around - or inside -
> urban areas. They are not covered with any protective materials like
> successive regular layers of soil, but just open air trashes.
>
> We've been talking many times in Brazil that we would need a tag (or
> sub-tag) to them, they are well known and distinguished. How could we
> tag this important difference? I think that using "landuse=landfill"
> + "landfill=regular/irregular" would be pretty enough. Would it be ok?
>
> Or perhaps  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:landfill:waste
> landfill:waste=regular/irregular?
> But seems it's for specifying the materials on waste, and not for the
> condition of the landfill, its official environmental control.

Would adding "informal=yes" to the dumping grounds work?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:informal

--
Mark

_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: landuse=landfill : for regular/irregular ones

Paul Allen
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 at 19:44, Mark Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would adding "informal=yes" to the dumping grounds work?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:informal

I'd prefer something other than regular/irregular.  Regular can also refer to shape (regular
polygons) and intervals of time (regular bowel movements).

So informal.  Or unofficial.  Or uncontrolled.  Or illegal.  But not irregular.

--
Paul


_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: landuse=landfill : for regular/irregular ones

Sérgio V.
In reply to this post by Sérgio V.
Ok, so we agree, we will start using
landuse=landfill + informal=yes
just for the informal, uncontroled, ones.

Keeping "Sanitary Landfill" as just
landuse=landfill.

Considering this will apply to thousands from now on.
Thank you
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sérgio - http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/smaprs

_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging