managing gps trail data

Kim Hawtin-2
hi,

i have an etrex now full of trails.
unfortunately i haven't had the time to do regular updates.
so i have trailed my travels over the last few months and now thinking
about how to manage the data rather than upload one enormous trail
into OSM ...

are there any good tools for reducing the trails down into individual trips?
or cut them up into smaller easier to label chunks?
i don't have street label records or other meta data to go with, yet.

thoughts?

cheers,

kim
--
Operating Systems, Services and Operations

Re: managing gps trail data

Ian Sergeant
[hidden email] wrote:

> are there any good tools for reducing the trails down into individual
trips?
> or cut them up into smaller easier to label chunks?
> i don't have street label records or other meta data to go with, yet.

I'd use gpsbabel.

Split by date, polygon, etc..

Ian.