manipulating the "Custom Application Tutorial" source code

manipulating the "Custom Application Tutorial" source code

ferez
I am a newbie to uDig and I have a question. I have studied "Custom Application Tutorial"  and I have made the new product to be distributed using this manual.

Now, I want to manipulate the source code of this new product, e.g. I want to change the caption of the menus, or set the direction of the menu right-to-left. How could I do that? Is there any starting point or recommended reading?