mapnik error

anthony
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I am new to manpnik and I keep getting this error message every time i try to compile sample code.

here's the root of the problem.

# set up your dataSource
datasource = mapnik.Shapefile(file="world_borders.shp")

# define the two layers to be used by this map
polygonLayer = mapnik.Layer("Polygons")
polygonLayer.datasource = datasource
polygonLayer.styles.append("polygonStyle")

error message

C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\Interplay\Practice>python createExampleMap.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "createExampleMap.py", line 45, in <module>
    datasource = mapnik.Shapefile(file="world_borders.shp")
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\mapnik\__init__.py", line 341, in Shapefil
    return CreateDatasource(keywords)
RuntimeError: Could not create datasource for type: 'shape'

I'd appreciate help from anyone thanks
Anthony