multimap sponsor OSM work

Steve Coast

Re: multimap sponsor OSM work

Dan Karran
nice one Steve, the people at MultiMap seemed like good people, so I
hope lots of fantastic things come out of this relationship

Cheers,
Dan

On 11/23/06, SteveC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=109
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Dan Karran
[hidden email]
www.dankarran.com

Re: multimap sponsor OSM work

Tim Waters (chippy)
Great news! Good on you multimap!

not at all looking gift horses in mouths, but how many extra days to
the month of osm / spare gps units / 2007 conference funds /
accomodation/beer for mapping events / does this mean? Is it cash?
hardware? software? Their developer time? Tied into OSM specific
activites, or free for OSM to decide?

tim

On 11/23/06, SteveC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=109
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

>not at all looking gift horses in mouths, but how many extra days to
>the month of osm / spare gps units / 2007 conference funds /
>accomodation/beer for mapping events / does this mean? Is it cash?
>hardware? software? Their developer time? Tied into OSM specific
>activites, or free for OSM to decide?

From what Steve has hinted the funding is specifically for him to work on
OSM. I don't think there is anything beyond that level of understanding at
this moment in time.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
[hidden email]

>tim
>
>On 11/23/06, SteveC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=109
>>
>> have fun,
>>
>> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: multimap sponsor OSM work

Nick Black
Chippy: I like your thinking.... free beer.  Well that would be a
dream hey.  I dont think the multimap funding is going to cover the
conference/beer/hardware.  It will cover Steve to work on some of the
the server issues that exist - which will in turn make OSM run that
much more smoothly/faster and make mapping way more fun.  I really
want to know who is mapping around me.  I'd like to subscribe to a
feed that tells me when someone maps within n km of my house - I think
all this stuff is going to happen with the funding we have now.  These
are great times :)

Nick

On 11/24/06, Andy Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> chippy chippy wrote:
> >Sent: 24 November 2006 7:14 PM
> >To: SteveC
> >Cc: [hidden email]
> >Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] multimap sponsor OSM work
> >
> >Great news! Good on you multimap!
> >
> >not at all looking gift horses in mouths, but how many extra days to
> >the month of osm / spare gps units / 2007 conference funds /
> >accomodation/beer for mapping events / does this mean? Is it cash?
> >hardware? software? Their developer time? Tied into OSM specific
> >activites, or free for OSM to decide?
> >

> From what Steve has hinted the funding is specifically for him to work on
> OSM. I don't think there is anything beyond that level of understanding at
> this moment in time.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
> Andy Robinson
> [hidden email]
>

> >tim
> >
> >On 11/23/06, SteveC <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=109
> >>
> >> have fun,
> >>
> >> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: multimap sponsor OSM work

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Tettnang/Germany)
On Saturday 25 November 2006 01:06, Nick Black wrote:
> Chippy: I like your thinking.... free beer.  Well that would be a
> dream hey.  I dont think the multimap funding is going to cover the
> conference/beer/hardware.  It will cover Steve to work on some of the
> the server issues that exist - which will in turn make OSM run that
> much more smoothly/faster and make mapping way more fun.  I really
> want to know who is mapping around me.  I'd like to subscribe to a
> feed that tells me when someone maps within n km of my house - I think
> all this stuff is going to happen with the funding we have now.  These
> are great times :)

Well; you have the rss feed. This tells you who was mapping recently in an
area.

-
Joerg