new OpenStreetCam competition

Martijn van Exel-3
Howdy.

We had a good time with the first OpenStreetCam competition, the winners received their prizes, and we decided to hold another one. The main prize this time is an OSC Waylens Horizon camera. This is a fairly nifty device that lets you automatically record and upload to OSC. The competition is open now until April 15th. As before, just collect more OSC points than other mappers to win. Read details on the Telenav ImproveOSM blog: http://blog.improveosm.org/en/2019/03/announcing-the-second-openstreetcam-australia-and-new-zealand-competition/ .

Related:
* A previous blog post about the impact of competition number 1
the OpenStreetCam JOSM plugin was just updated with some new features as well.

Let me know if you have any questions, and Happy mapping!
--
 Martijn van Exel

Re: new OpenStreetCam competition

Michael James

Hi Martin

I’ve only just started trying with the app, is there any word on when the bug with ODB2 & BT getting fixed

Namely this open bug :-

https://github.com/openstreetcam/android/issues/125

My testing shows that you really need the ODB adapter when doing urban streets as the GPS averaging is too slow to deal with the acceleration changes.

Thanks Michael

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: new OpenStreetCam competition

Sebastian S.
Hi Martin,
Just on the last competition.
I have uploaded photos as ConsEbt and was wondering how you send the prize.
I checked my email but either did not receive it missed any notification.
The email associated with my account is [hidden email] which I recently changed to this one.

Regards Sebastian

On 19 March 2019 2:08:29 am AEDT, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Michael,
Do you have recommendations for a ODB2 dongle available in OZ?
Regards Sebastian

On 19 March 2019 8:12:03 am AEDT, Michael James <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Martin

I’ve only just started trying with the app, is there any word on when the bug with ODB2 & BT getting fixed

Namely this open bug :-

https://github.com/openstreetcam/android/issues/125

My testing shows that you really need the ODB adapter when doing urban streets as the GPS averaging is too slow to deal with the acceleration changes.

Thanks Michael

Re: new OpenStreetCam competition

Ross Scanlon

Hi Martijin,

When an upload completes how long should it take to show on the openstreetcam.org website?

Cheers

Ross

On 19/03/19 01:08, Martijn van Exel wrote:
[...]

Hi Ross,
It shouldn’t be long at all before the trip shows up on your own profile page. You should see it appearing there even as it uploads. After uploading,  it may show as ‘processing’ for a little while as OSC adds privacy blurring and sign detections. After that is done, the trip should be publicly visible, in most cases within hours if not minutes. At that time the images should appear in JOSM and iD as well.
Let me know
Martijn