new mailing list

Bernd Grafe
why is there a new mailing list?
now u have to use a gmail account :(

Re: new mailing list

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

On 12/06/2011 07:29 PM, Bernd Grafe wrote:
> why is there a new mailing list?
> now u have to use a gmail account :(

It looked as if you could just enter your email address on
http://mapnik.org/contact/ and be subscribed, gmail account or no gmail
account. I did that a few weeks back but have never had an email from
that new mailing list.

It would be very unfortunate if a Google account were required to
participiate in future Mapnik discussions; I hope this is just a hiccup.
Can someone check where I am nominally on this new list?

Bye
Frederik

Re: new mailing list

Dane Springmeyer

On Dec 6, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> On 12/06/2011 07:29 PM, Bernd Grafe wrote:
>> why is there a new mailing list?
>> now u have to use a gmail account :(

Yes, that *should* work. But, an email confirmation will be sent to that account that you need to confirm. Maybe that confirmation email never came?

Re: [mapnik] Re: new mailing list

Artem-2
Just tested and It works with any valid email address. No need for a google account.
Artem

On 6 December 2011 19:28, Dane Springmeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Dec 6, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> On 12/06/2011 07:29 PM, Bernd Grafe wrote:
>> why is there a new mailing list?
>> now u have to use a gmail account :(

Yes, that *should* work. But, an email confirmation will be sent to that account that you need to confirm. Maybe that confirmation email never came?

Re: [mapnik] Re: new mailing list

Bernd Grafe
ok, thanks - i was confused when i checked
http://groups.google.com/group/mapnik, there was this "join this group" with gmail login followed.

But everything is fine with the link at mapnik.

I Am Sorry :)