Tom Hughes wrote:
> I don't really see the point of that - if you were going to get rid of
> the middle bit then fine, but just changing it seems a bit silly.
> As I said last weekend I had planned on getting rid of it when we
> moved machines, but the mediawiki manual scared me off.
I enabled it for a more pragmatic reason. It makes robots.txt simpler. :-)
I tested the mediawiki on my test config prior and all seemed to work ok.
Yes, my initial proposal was to cut the unnecessary part of url.
Also having "wiki" twice in URL makes little sense.
> As I said last weekend I had planned on getting rid of it when we moved
> machines, but the mediawiki manual scared me off.
good, i wasn't aware of that. I guess mediawiki guys are covering all
the possible scenarios as detailed as we are when it comes to maps, api
... probably scaring off newcomers :)
Some of the solutions are just a few lines of mod_rewrite config in
apache and some settings in mediawiki.