night display on GPS units

ligfietser
Maybe a bit off-topic for this list, but for owners of GPS units that lacks a night mode (Dakota, Oregon) there is an option to view this in the nautical map mode (setup -> marine -> marine chart -> nautical). It turns out my typ file renders almost the same as in the night mode on other units.

Re: night display on GPS units

n Willink
Minko <ligfietser <at> online.nl> writes:

> Maybe a bit off-topic for this list, but for owners of GPS units that lacks
a night mode (Dakota, Oregon)
> there is an option to view this in the nautical map mode (setup -> marine ->
marine chart -> nautical). It
> turns out my typ file renders almost the same as in the night mode on other
units.

Very useful tip,Minko to create typ files with night display on such devices.

I've noticed on Nuvis with a Garmin Map that when travelling through tunnels
display automatically changes to a night version.
I've not been able to create this effect using tunnel=true. Is there a flag in
the img we don't as yet know about?

Has anyone else been successful?

Cheers
Nick

Re: night display on GPS units

railrun
Okay...

Never seen on my Nuvi... I will check this. But, I think this information will be safed in the same part like the speed-limit-signs...

//Martin

@ Minko: Thanks for this information, this is what I miss since I have a Oregon (before I used a 60CsX)