no Vehicles Except for Access

Micah B (lists)
When out driving, I came a across sign saying 'No Vehicles Except for Access'
at enterance to a road off Whitehall Road on outskirts of Edinburgh, Scotland,
It is leads South to a farm house and then acording to map then West to rejoin
Millerhill Road)

http://osm.org/go/evfg5HYZ8--?layers=Q

I have read
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Access
but still unsure

should it be access=delivery ?

I assume that was intend for shorter roads.
and with this road  I usggest access could also be allow for other access uses
other than delivery such as to map road (?)

or should I use a gate like a virtual gate?

regards,

Micah
user:%20Bunny

--
http://j12.org/sb/

Re: no Vehicles Except for Access

André Riedel
If you are allowed to walk or cycle use:
vehicle or motor_vehicle=destination

It doesn't mater how long the road is.

Ciao André

2012/7/24 Bunny <[hidden email]>:

> When out driving, I came a across sign saying 'No Vehicles Except for Access'
> at enterance to a road off Whitehall Road on outskirts of Edinburgh, Scotland,
> It is leads South to a farm house and then acording to map then West to rejoin
> Millerhill Road)
>
> http://osm.org/go/evfg5HYZ8--?layers=Q
>
> I have read
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Access
> but still unsure
>
> should it be access=delivery ?
>
> I assume that was intend for shorter roads.
> and with this road  I usggest access could also be allow for other access uses
> other than delivery such as to map road (?)
>
> or should I use a gate like a virtual gate?
>
> regards,
>
> Micah
> user:%20Bunny
>

> --
> http://j12.org/sb/

Re: no Vehicles Except for Access

Andrew Errington
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:59:59 Bunny wrote:
> When out driving, I came a across sign saying 'No Vehicles Except for
> Access' at enterance to a road off Whitehall Road on outskirts of

This means that you are not allowed to use the road as a through road (i.e. to
get somewhere else).  You are only allowed to use the road to get to your
house (if you live there) or make a delivery or some other task on that road.

Best wishes,

Andrew

Re: no Vehicles Except for Access

Xan-3
Al 24/07/12 14:41, En/na Andrew Errington ha escrit:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:59:59 Bunny wrote:
>> When out driving, I came a across sign saying 'No Vehicles Except for
>> Access' at enterance to a road off Whitehall Road on outskirts of
> This means that you are not allowed to use the road as a through road (i.e. to
> get somewhere else).  You are only allowed to use the road to get to your
> house (if you live there) or make a delivery or some other task on that road.
>
> Best wishes,

In this case, I use:
motor_vehicle=delivery
foot = yes (if you could walk without problems ;-)
access=delivery

Regards,
Xan.