no console display for Fedora

Nicolò Targhetta
Hi!
i do not know if i should write to developers mailing list or here, so if my request is in the wrong place please tell me and i'll foward to the right mail.

I'm using uDig 1.3.2 for an university project during my hydrology class.
I fuound incompability between uDig ( both 1.3.2 and 1.4.0 ) and the last updates of Fedora 18.
Till last month it had been working fine, now when check elevations of DTM i'm working on, by the info tool,  i cannot get any console outputs (it remains written "no consoles to display at this time"). Console doesn't work for any other use.
The same procedure done on an Ubuntu machine works perfectly.

does any one knows about this problem?

Cheers

Nick