(no subject)

giuseppeform@libero.it
Dear all, i'm using new jgrass version and i changed the Ram availability by

preferences but  the calculation of the map draindir stops

Re: (no subject)

Riccardo Rigon
Dear Giuseppe,

please give more information:

- How big is the DEM ?
- Which computer/OS are you using ?
- Which RAM did you give to JGrass ?
- Do you have some message when JGrass stops ?

Ciao,

riccardo

On May 22, 2009, at 3:43 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Dear all, i'm using new jgrass version and i changed the Ram availability by

preferences but  the calculation of the map draindir stops

Universita` di Trento         Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile  e  Ambientale/CUDAM
Via Mesiano, 77, 38050  Trento      (ITALIA)
E-mail[hidden email]
Ph: +390461882614-10    Fax:+390461882672
Publications according to ISI: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-5395-2008
JGrass (Open Source GIS): http://www.jgrass.org/
GEOtop (Open Source distributed hydrological model):  http://www.geotop.org/

Re: (no subject)

Gyu-Ho Lim (임규호)
Dear Sir:

This is not a response but my questions deeply kept in my mind for a long
time.

I am a meteorologist working at Seoul National University, Seoul, South
Korea, and try to get something from JGRASS and apply those to my field.
When I tested window version, every version works fine and good to me
except
somewhat slow running. I guess the slowness obviously related to my
computer rather than soft itself. So I turn to Linux version. All are
failed. Anyone can help me to overcome this.

My linux OS is the early version of fedora 10. In this case eclipse 3.3.x
and udig does not work.
When I combined the runfile jgrass with Ganymede eclipse 3.4.x, it worked
but very unstable and some functions did not work.
Lately I changed my OS to the latest version of fedora 10, at present I
cannot run any Jgrass version and uDig eclipse 3.3.* except for Ganymede
eclipse 3.4.*.

Does Fedora 10 not go with Europa eclipse 3.3.*? Is this related with
JGRASS failure in Fedora 10?

Sorry for my silly questions. But I tried for almost six months from time
to time whenever time is available to me. Any hints or recommendations will
be appreciated greatly in advance. Thanks.

Gyu-Ho Lim
Seoul National University
Seoul 151-747, South Korea

[hidden email]] On Behalf Of [hidden email]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 10:44 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [JGrass-users] (no subject)

Dear all, i'm using new jgrass version and i changed the Ram availability
by

preferences but  the calculation of the map draindir stops

Re: (no subject)

Andrea Antonello
Hi Gyu-Ho,
I do my JGrass development on linux, so it should definitely work there.
Can you post
- which version you are using
- the error that the system gives

Your problem should be easy to solve.

Andrea

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:01 AM, Gyu-Ho Lim (임규호) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
> This is not a response but my questions deeply kept in my mind for a long
> time.
>

> I am a meteorologist working at Seoul National University, Seoul, South
> Korea, and try to get something from JGRASS and apply those to my field.
> When I tested window version, every version works fine and good to me
> except
> somewhat slow running. I guess the slowness obviously related to my
> computer rather than soft itself. So I turn to Linux version. All are
> failed. Anyone can help me to overcome this.
>
> My linux OS is the early version of fedora 10. In this case eclipse 3.3.x
> and udig does not work.
> When I combined the runfile jgrass with Ganymede eclipse 3.4.x, it worked
> but very unstable and some functions did not work.
> Lately I changed my OS to the latest version of fedora 10, at present I
> cannot run any Jgrass version and uDig eclipse 3.3.* except for Ganymede
> eclipse 3.4.*.
>
> Does Fedora 10 not go with Europa eclipse 3.3.*? Is this related with
> JGRASS failure in Fedora 10?
>
> Sorry for my silly questions. But I tried for almost six months from time
> to time whenever time is available to me. Any hints or recommendations will
> be appreciated greatly in advance. Thanks.
>
> Gyu-Ho Lim
> Seoul National University
> Seoul 151-747, South Korea

Dear Andrea:

Before anything else let me express my thanks.

I tested many versions, but let me show you the error message resulted from
trying "jgrass-1.1.x-build20090418174510-gtk.x86". At the first glance,
everything seems to be normal. However, when I click the Web portion from
the Catalogue, Web, Search, and Table, jgrass simply invoking Bug reporting
tool in my computer.
I enclosed my Jgrass-error.txt file for your reference. Frankly speaking, I
am not good at java and/or system
related languages and so no sense what the bugreport is saying. Thank you
again.

Sincerely yours,

Gyu-Ho Lim
SEES,
Seoul National University,
Seoul 151-747, South Korea

[hidden email]] On Behalf Of andrea antonello
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:48 PM
To: List for jgrass users
Subject: Re: [JGrass-users] (no subject)

wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
> This is not a response but my questions deeply kept in my mind for a long
> time.
>

> I am a meteorologist working at Seoul National University, Seoul, South
> Korea, and try to get something from JGRASS and apply those to my field.
> When I tested window version, every version works fine and good to me
> except
> somewhat slow running. I guess the slowness obviously related to my
> computer rather than soft itself. So I turn to Linux version. All are
> failed. Anyone can help me to overcome this.
>
> My linux OS is the early version of fedora 10. In this case eclipse 3.3.x
> and udig does not work.
> When I combined the runfile jgrass with Ganymede eclipse 3.4.x, it worked
> but very unstable and some functions did not work.
> Lately I changed my OS to the latest version of fedora 10, at present I
> cannot run any Jgrass version and uDig eclipse 3.3.* except for Ganymede
> eclipse 3.4.*.
>
> Does Fedora 10 not go with Europa eclipse 3.3.*? Is this related with
> JGRASS failure in Fedora 10?
>
> Sorry for my silly questions. But I tried for almost six months from time
> to time whenever time is available to me. Any hints or recommendations
will

> be appreciated greatly in advance. Thanks.
>
> Gyu-Ho Lim
> Seoul National University
> Seoul 151-747, South Korea

JGrass-bugreport.txt (26K) Download Attachment

Re: (no subject)

Andrea Antonello
Hi,

> Before anything else let me express my thanks.
>
> I tested many versions, but let me show you the error message resulted from
> trying "jgrass-1.1.x-build20090418174510-gtk.x86". At the first glance,
> everything seems to be normal. However, when I click the Web portion from
> the Catalogue, Web, Search, and Table, jgrass simply invoking Bug reporting
> tool in my computer.

Ok, this is the thing that makes me understand your problem. The
problem is well known for eclipse on linux and embedded browsers.
Here I wrote a post with the solution:
http://jgrasstechtips.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-to-solve-rcp-mozilla-browser.html

Can you try that out and tell us if it solves your problem?

Cheers,
Andrea