openstreetphoto

echienne m
Hi!
I am a french engineer very interested in the openstreetphoto project.
I have already worked in image processing and matching (using sift, surf, cross correlation), and bundle adjustment. I've made research on Structure From Motion for car navigation.
These are topics that seem to be very important in this project and I think I could help.
There are very few information on the web but I think I am at the right place to talk. If I am wrong please tell me where to go.
Persons from the project (if interested) can contact me by email.

Regards,

EtienneĀ

Re: openstreetphoto

Stefan de Konink-3
Hi Etiene,

On Wed, 6 May 2009, echienne m wrote:

> I am a french engineer very interested in the openstreetphoto project.
> I have already worked in image processing and matching (using sift, surf,
> cross correlation), and bundle adjustment. I've made research on Structure
> From Motion for car navigation.

Sounds like an academic mind we need ;)

> These are topics that seem to be very important in this project and I think
> I could help.
> There are very few information on the web but I think I am at the right
> place to talk. If I am wrong please tell me where to go.
> Persons from the project (if interested) can contact me by email.

Currently one student from GSOC has applied to do recognition on
streetsigns and trafficsigns. I am currently doing some stuff in the
direction of orthocorrection, and stitching. Specifically doing this not
only on a point cloud but constraining on lines. (Next to the flying part
of the project.)

As you might have seen there is a lot of material available, even more
stored locally. So if you would like to help, brainstorm or something like
it #osp on irc.oftc.net would be the place.

Stefan