options.txt tidy-up

Ticker Berkin
Hi Gerd

I've had some tidy-ups to doc/options.txt sitting around for a couple
of weeks and just got merge problems with the latest changes, so I've
merged manually and attach patch.

Changes are mostly adding some missing blank lines between options and
removing some excess ones. Also fix a line folding problem that show on
the web-site and remove trailing spaces.

Ticker

options.patch (38K) Download Attachment

Re: options.txt tidy-up

Mike Baggaley
HI Ticker, I see that the options file has a few spaces on the end of lines that you have also corrected. These probably need a tweak to the buildoptions code to prevent them from being copied from options.txt. They seem to be occurring on blank lines and lines contained within  <PRE>.

Regards,
Mike

Re: options.txt tidy-up

Ticker Berkin
Hi Mike

It looks like buildOptions, except for <pre>, trims trailing spaces and
folds lines sensibly. For <pre>, the less it does the better, so I
don't think it should be changed.

The trailing spaces don't show on the web-site because of standard html
processing, but they are output to the page. I deleted them on
principle!

The web-site processing does have a problem with lines that start with
a '; it doesn't put in a separating space. I've just noticed 1 that I m
issed.

Ticker

On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 17:41 +0000, Mike Baggaley wrote:

> HI Ticker, I see that the options file has a few spaces on the end of
> lines that you have also corrected. These probably need a tweak to
> the buildoptions code to prevent them from being copied from
> options.txt. They seem to be occurring on blank lines and lines
> contained within  <PRE>.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Re: options.txt tidy-up

Gerd Petermann
Hi Ticker,

so I wait for another patch, right?

Gerd

It looks like buildOptions, except for <pre>, trims trailing spaces and
folds lines sensibly. For <pre>, the less it does the better, so I
don't think it should be changed.

The trailing spaces don't show on the web-site because of standard html
processing, but they are output to the page. I deleted them on
principle!

The web-site processing does have a problem with lines that start with
a '; it doesn't put in a separating space. I've just noticed 1 that I m
issed.

Ticker

On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 17:41 +0000, Mike Baggaley wrote:

> HI Ticker, I see that the options file has a few spaces on the end of
> lines that you have also corrected. These probably need a tweak to
> the buildoptions code to prevent them from being copied from
> options.txt. They seem to be occurring on blank lines and lines
> contained within  <PRE>.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Re: options.txt tidy-up

Ticker Berkin
Yes

Here it is

Ticker

On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 08:15 +0000, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Ticker,
>
> so I wait for another patch, right?
>
> Gerd

options_v2.patch (50K) Download Attachment

Re: options.txt tidy-up

Gerd Petermann
Hi Ticker,

please check, options_v2.patch changes several other files.

Gerd

On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 08:15 +0000, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Ticker,
>
> so I wait for another patch, right?
>
> Gerd

Re: options.txt tidy-up

Ticker Berkin
Sorry - corrected patch attached

Ticker

On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 09:33 +0000, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Ticker,
>
> please check, options_v2.patch changes several other files.
>
> Gerd

options_v3.patch (38K) Download Attachment