orthorectification

Cverckova, Lubica

Hi,

Does uDIG have an orthorectification module to ortho-rectify the aerial images?

Thanks,

Lubica

Attention:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it from Hatch Mott MacDonald are confidential and intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender.

Re: orthorectification

Andrea Antonello
> Does uDIG have an orthorectification module to ortho-rectify the aerial
> images?

No, I am afraid not.

Cheers,
Andrea

> Thanks,
>

> Lubica

> Attention:
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it from Hatch Mott MacDonald are
> confidential and intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom
> they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please
> immediately notify the sender.

Re: orthorectification

Andrea Antonello
Hi Jody,

> I thought we could warp those into position using a series of control
> points? Am I missing something ...

yes we can do that.
And if that is what Lubica needs, than it is great.

But orthorectification is not just warping. It has to consider
parameters of the camera that shot the picture and the fiducial points
on the aerial photo in the computations.
I would call ours a georeferencing module with warping capabilities.
You can kind of achieve a similar thing as with the
orthorectification, but it is not the same.

I am also no expert here and last I looked in such code has been in
GRASS at some university exam :) so anyone feel free to correct me.

Ciao,
Andrea

> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Wednesday, 24 October 2012 at 12:27 AM, Cverckova, Lubica wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> Does uDIG have an orthorectification module to ortho-rectify the aerial
> images?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Lubica

Re: orthorectification

Cverckova, Lubica

To use the control points only to rectify the imagery does not resolve the camera distortion for high elevation areas, thereby the orthorectification is needed.

Re: orthorectification

Cverckova, Lubica
Correct, GRASS offers orthorectification but only on Linux. In Window's version it is not available.

For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________

Attention:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it from Hatch Mott MacDonald are confidential and intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender.

Re: orthorectification

Rahkonen Jukka

OSSIM does orthorectification http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/
Orthoigen could be the one to try but no one knows if your camera or sensor  parameters are supported. OSSIM mailing list is active, though.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Cverckova, Lubica wrote

> Correct, GRASS offers orthorectification but only on Linux. In Window's
> version it is not available.

Re: orthorectification [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman
Re: [udig-users] orthorectification [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Orthorectification also needs to take into account the affects of topography and depending on the scale of the imagery, other elevated features, e.g. buildings such that each pixel is viewed ‘orthogonally’ from above.

Bruce