osm2pgsql fail on planet.osm only

Quy phan
Hey guys,

I am failing while running osm2pgsql on planet.osm
I am running the latest planet.osm
I tried the slim mode, I tried using more cache (-C), I turned off auto vaccum.

My build is Window XP, P4, 4gigs of ram, Limited hard drive space, about 12 gigs left
can my limited hd space be a problem?

Here is the error message

I run osm2pgsql --slim -d geoserver planet.osm
table set up correctly

but while reading in planet.osm I get a series of these error messages.
StartElement: Unknown element name: changeset
EndElement: Unknown element name: changeset
StartElement: Unknown element name: changeset
EndElement: Unknown element name: changeset
StartElement: Unknown element name: changeset
EndElement: Unknown element name: changeset
goes on forever (I Ctrl C to cancel)

What might be the problem guys,
I do not run into this problem while running california.osm or asia.osm,
only get this problem when running planet.osm (120gigs)
Maybe too little hd space? or my planet.osm got corrupted while unzipping or corrupted while downloading?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!