osmarender - settings

andrecastro@c-e-m.org
Is there anyone out there familiar with osmarender and editing is
settings xml file - features-z17.xml

I am rendering osm xml data of a give area(center of Rotterdam) into an
svg image. I am using osmarender. It works fine, however I there's a few
things that I need a hand with.

* My map size is too small.
I managed to change its size by altering the scale (of the
osm-map-features-z17.xml rules), however the text - street names -
remains too small. How could I also make it larger?

* Simplify the rendered map.
I just want to arrive to a simple, black and white map, with no
necessity of layers on it. How do I do about this?
I was planning to this by parsing (with xpath in python) the
osm-map-features-z17.xml and replacing every "fill:" with transparent
and "stroke:" with black, but perhaps there's a simpler way of doing this.

* Simplify even more.
What if I want to leave only the street/ways names map as the only
visual element? The street will only be noticeable by its name that runs
along its length? What changes would I make to the osmarender settings file?

I am sorry if this is a bit off-topic, and awkward questions. I would
like to do use osm data for a art's project, that's why I am trying
quite unconventional stuff. I am documenting the process at http://pzwart3.wdka.hro.nl/wiki/UserAndre_Castro/maps01
Even if you don't know the answer, if you could point to where or whom
could I pose these questions about osmarender that would be great.

Thank you so much
Best