osmeditor make problem

Jeremy Davis-2
I'm trying to compile the latest version from svn, and I get this
error at the end:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [osmeditor] Error 1
rm moc_MainWindow.cpp

What does this mean? This is on Ubuntu 5.10 Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Re: osmeditor make problem

Nick Whitelegg-2

Jeremy Davis <[hidden email]>
11/01/2006 03:37

Sent by:    [hidden email]

To:    [hidden email]
cc:
Subject:    [Openstreetmap] osmeditor make problem

>I'm trying to compile the latest version from svn, and I get this
>error at the end:

>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make: *** [osmeditor] Error 1
>rm moc_MainWindow.cpp

>What does this mean? This is on Ubuntu 5.10 Thanks in advance!

>Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

You need to install the Qt development library, this might be something
like libqt3-dev ie

apt-get install libqt3-dev

You'll also need to install the cURL development library:

apt-get install libcurl-dev

Also you should make osmeditor2 for the latest version:

make osmeditor2

I need to change the makefile to do this automatically....

Nick

Re: osmeditor make problem

Jeremy Davis-2
On 1/11/06, Nick Whitelegg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jeremy Davis <[hidden email]>
> 11/01/2006 03:37
>
> Sent by:    [hidden email]
>

> To:    [hidden email]
> cc:
> Subject:    [Openstreetmap] osmeditor make problem
>
> >I'm trying to compile the latest version from svn, and I get this
> >error at the end:
>
> >/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
> >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >make: *** [osmeditor] Error 1
> >rm moc_MainWindow.cpp
>
> >What does this mean? This is on Ubuntu 5.10 Thanks in advance!
>
> >Jeremy
>

> Hello Jeremy,
>
> You need to install the Qt development library, this might be something
> like libqt3-dev ie
>
> apt-get install libqt3-dev
>
> You'll also need to install the cURL development library:
>
> apt-get install libcurl-dev
>
> Also you should make osmeditor2 for the latest version:
>
> make osmeditor2
>
> I need to change the makefile to do this automatically....
>
> Nick

Hey Nick. I've got the libqt3-mt-dev, libqt4-dev, & libcurl3-dev
libraries from the ubuntu repositories. However, using "make
osmeditor2" gives me this error now:

c++ -w -g -I/usr/include/qt3 `curl-config --cflags`
-I/usr/local/include  -Ijeeps-gpsbabel-1.2.7   -c -o osmeditor2.o
osmeditor2.cpp
Node.h: In member function 'bool OpenStreetMap::Node::operator==(const
OpenStreetMap::Node&)':
Node.h:92: error: 'fabs' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [osmeditor2.o] Error 1

Jeremy

Re: osmeditor make problem

Nick Whitelegg-2

Jeremy Davis <[hidden email]>
11/01/2006 18:35

Sent by:    [hidden email]

To:    [hidden email]
cc:
Subject:    Re: [Openstreetmap] osmeditor make problem

On 1/11/06, Nick Whitelegg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jeremy Davis <[hidden email]>
> 11/01/2006 03:37
>
> Sent by:    [hidden email]
>

> To:    [hidden email]
> cc:
> Subject:    [Openstreetmap] osmeditor make problem
>
> >I'm trying to compile the latest version from svn, and I get this
> >error at the end:
>
> >/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
> >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >make: *** [osmeditor] Error 1
> >rm moc_MainWindow.cpp
>
> >What does this mean? This is on Ubuntu 5.10 Thanks in advance!
>

>Hey Nick. I've got the libqt3-mt-dev, libqt4-dev, & libcurl3-dev
>libraries from the ubuntu repositories. However, using "make
>osmeditor2" gives me this error now:

>c++ -w -g -I/usr/include/qt3 `curl-config --cflags`
>-I/usr/local/include  -Ijeeps-gpsbabel-1.2.7   -c -o osmeditor2.o
>osmeditor2.cpp
>Node.h: In member function 'bool OpenStreetMap::Node::operator==(const
>OpenStreetMap::Node&)':
>Node.h:92: error: 'fabs' was not declared in this scope

Hello Jeremy,

Add #include <cmath> to the top of the file Node.h.

<rant>
It's *so* annoying how these errors crop up in some distributions and not
others. Makes identification of this type of error virtually
impossible....:-(
</rant>

Nick

Re: osmeditor make problem

Jeremy Davis-2
Ok, after doing that, Now here's what I get:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [osmeditor2] Error 1
rm moc_HTTPHandler.cpp moc_MainWindow2.cpp

Jeremy

On 1/11/06, Nick Whitelegg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jeremy Davis <[hidden email]>
> 11/01/2006 18:35
>
> Sent by:    [hidden email]
>

> To:    [hidden email]
> cc:
> Subject:    Re: [Openstreetmap] osmeditor make problem
>
> On 1/11/06, Nick Whitelegg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Jeremy Davis <[hidden email]>
> > 11/01/2006 03:37
> >
> > Sent by:    [hidden email]
> >

> > To:    [hidden email]
> > cc:
> > Subject:    [Openstreetmap] osmeditor make problem
> >
> > >I'm trying to compile the latest version from svn, and I get this
> > >error at the end:
> >
> > >/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
> > >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > >make: *** [osmeditor] Error 1
> > >rm moc_MainWindow.cpp
> >
> > >What does this mean? This is on Ubuntu 5.10 Thanks in advance!
> >

> >Hey Nick. I've got the libqt3-mt-dev, libqt4-dev, & libcurl3-dev
> >libraries from the ubuntu repositories. However, using "make
> >osmeditor2" gives me this error now:
>
> >c++ -w -g -I/usr/include/qt3 `curl-config --cflags`
> >-I/usr/local/include  -Ijeeps-gpsbabel-1.2.7   -c -o osmeditor2.o
> >osmeditor2.cpp
> >Node.h: In member function 'bool OpenStreetMap::Node::operator==(const
> >OpenStreetMap::Node&)':
> >Node.h:92: error: 'fabs' was not declared in this scope
>
> Hello Jeremy,
>
> Add #include <cmath> to the top of the file Node.h.
>
> <rant>
> It's *so* annoying how these errors crop up in some distributions and not
> others. Makes identification of this type of error virtually
> impossible....:-(
> </rant>
>
> Nick

Re: osmeditor make problem

Nick Whitelegg
On Wednesday 11 January 2006 23:04, Jeremy Davis wrote:
> Ok, after doing that, Now here's what I get:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt

Try changing to -lqt-mt.
Another of those damned inconsistencies.... :-(

Nick