[osmosis-dev] Picking up Osmosis from Brett

[osmosis-dev] Picking up Osmosis from Brett

Michal Migurski-2
Hi everyone,

I’m starting to pick up light Osmosis tasks from Brett Henderson, starting with a small 0.47.1 release motivated by a recent change in the API DB schema:

        https://github.com/openstreetmap/osmosis/pull/54
        https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/2543
        also https://github.com/openstreetmap/osmosis/pull/55

My Java experience is limited so I don’t anticipate taking Osmosis in some wild new directions. Instead, I hope to accept the occasional pull request and keep the project warm during a transitional time when Osmosis has a lot of emerging alternatives yet remains useful to selected members of the community. It is still my go-to OSM multi-tool when I need to mess with an input file, and I appreciate the ubiquitous availability of Osmosis. I anticipate spending 1-2 hours each month.

-mike.

sf/ca            http://mike.teczno.com/contact.html