[osmosis-dev] Problems applying changesets

[osmosis-dev] Problems applying changesets

David Niklas
Unfortunately, I'm getting an error:
SEVER: Thread for task 1-read-xml-change failed
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: This does not
appear to be an OSM Change XML file.

Here is my (minimal) command line (I checked the hashes and decompressed
the changesets before hand), (I also checked the hash of the planet
file):
lbzip2 -dkc planet-160718.osm.bz2 | pv -WcarbB 100m | osmosis
--read-xml-change file=changesets-160725.osm compressionMethod=none
--read-xml file=/dev/stdin compressionMethod=none --apply-change
--write-xml file=- compressionMethod=none | pv -WcarbB 100m | lbzip2
-z4c5 > planet-160725.osm.bz2

In the unlikely event that decompression resulted in a corrupted file, I
did try using the compressed and md5sum verified originals, but still got
the same error.

Thanks,
David

Re: [osmosis-dev] Problems applying changesets

Jochen123
On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 02:52:59PM -0400, David Niklas wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm getting an error:
> SEVER: Thread for task 1-read-xml-change failed
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: This does not
> appear to be an OSM Change XML file.
>
> Here is my (minimal) command line (I checked the hashes and decompressed
> the changesets before hand), (I also checked the hash of the planet
> file):
> lbzip2 -dkc planet-160718.osm.bz2 | pv -WcarbB 100m | osmosis
> --read-xml-change file=changesets-160725.osm compressionMethod=none
> --read-xml file=/dev/stdin compressionMethod=none --apply-change
> --write-xml file=- compressionMethod=none | pv -WcarbB 100m | lbzip2
> -z4c5 > planet-160725.osm.bz2
>
> In the unlikely event that decompression resulted in a corrupted file, I
> did try using the compressed and md5sum verified originals, but still got
> the same error.

You are confusing "changeset" files with "change" files. Those are
different beasts. Change files contain the actual changes, they end in
.osc or .osc.gz. Changeset files contain the meta information about the
changesets, they can't be used to update a planet file.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  [hidden email]  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688