[osmosis-dev] TagTransform for spanish language

[osmosis-dev] TagTransform for spanish language

Laura Barroso-2
Hi all, I have create a poi database with osmosis, but I need to use TagTransform in order to the tags be on spanish for my application...Is there any place where I can find it so that I dont need to create it manually? Because I notice that there are a lots of osm tags,
Greetings.

Re: [osmosis-dev] TagTransform for spanish language

Evgeniy Karyakin
> Hi all, I have create a poi database with osmosis, but I need to use
> TagTransform in order to the tags be on spanish for my application...Is
> there any place where I can find it so that I dont need to create it
> manually? Because I notice that there are a lots of osm tags,

   I haven't worked with POIs and don't even know what it is, in OSM
context, but I do similar tasks of selecting narrow zones (cities) and
building Garmin maps from it using Russian or English names where
possible. Shortly, my tactics is this: I read nodes and ways and pick
names according to language list I need, in order of priority which is
important/suitable for me.
   For example, for Greek cities, I pick name:en (English), then
name:el (Greek), then int_name (internationally recognizable name),
then name:ru (Russian). If a node has English name I pick it. If it
hasn't I pick Greek. If it hasn't I pick int_name. And so on. Output
contains nodes and ways with names in language which has highest
priority to me.
   Example translations XML is attached. I would be appreciated if
someone review it and suggest how to make it simplier.

2 osmosis-tt.xml (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [osmosis-dev] TagTransform for spanish language

Laura Barroso-2
Evgeniy, yes, is something like that!...BUT there have to be someone who has translated the majority of tags(which are a LOT) into spanish language, that's exactly what I need to find.