[osmosis-dev] feature request: displaying the bounding box

[osmosis-dev] feature request: displaying the bounding box

Osmosis Development mailing list
hi this is a feature request

I'm using the Mapsforge Map-Writer plugin to convert osm and pbf maps into mapforge format
https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge/blob/master/docs/Getting-Started-Map-Writer.md

however, there is one frustration is that Mapsforge Map-Writer plugin requires that the user specify the bounding box.

could osmosis provide an option to simply run through the entities and display the bounding box when it is done?
i've tried the likes of these but there isn't any bounding box info as relates to the input file being used
the trouble is often that i've map extracts done either in josm or some planet osm country / region extracts.
but that after initially setting up the bounding box, i did not store that anywhere and later 'forget' about it.
i'd later make some guesses from the map and get a new bounding box coordinates.

hence, it would be really helpful if we can have a reporting option like --report-statistics in which osmosis runs through all the entities
and print some basic statistics like the number of different type of entities and the bounding box of all those entities

thanks much in advance,
  Andrew

Re: [osmosis-dev] feature request: displaying the bounding box

Jochen123
Hi!

Osmosis isn't developed further, so it is unlikely that somebody
implements your request.

But Osmium can do something like what you want with the `fileinfo`
command:

https://osmcode.org/osmium-tool/
https://docs.osmcode.org/osmium/latest/osmium-fileinfo.html

Jochen