[osmosis-dev] no matches found: building=*

[osmosis-dev] no matches found: building=*

Bjenk Ellefsen
Hello,

I am getting an error when trying to extract ways and I have no idea why its not working.

First, I am extracting a city using geometry like so:

osmosis --rbf ontario-latest.osm.pbf --bounding-polygon file=“city.poly" completeWays=yes --wx city.osm

Then, I want all buildings:

osmosis --rbf city.osm --tf accept-ways building=* --tf reject-relations --used-node --wx cityBuildings.osm

The first step works fine and the second command is giving me a no matches found: building=*

However,, when I try with building=yes, it runs fine.

Anyone have experienced this before? Am I doing something wrong?

Environment: macOS 10.11.6, Java 1.8, osmosis 0.45

Re: [osmosis-dev] no matches found: building=*

Evgeniy Karyakin
Maybe surround this parameter with quotes?
... 'building=*' ...
An asterisk is a special character for command line. Refer to "command
line globbing".

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Bjenk Ellefsen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> osmosis --rbf city.osm --tf accept-ways building=* --tf reject-relations --used-node --wx cityBuildings.osm
> The first step works fine and the second command is giving me a no matches found: building=*
> However,, when I try with building=yes, it runs fine.

Re: [osmosis-dev] no matches found: building=*

Bjenk Ellefsen
Evgeniy,

That did it! I didn't know how to escape the asterisk and I don't remember seeing this syntax in the documentation!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone