osmupdate

ligfietser

Since recently I cannot update my osm maps anymore with osmupdate.
Error: Could not get the newest daily timestamp from the Internet.

Anyone familiar with this isssue and how to fix this?

Re: osmupdate

Henning Scholland
You need to update wget to latest version as diffs are only served by https and older wget can't use local certificate store. Met the same problem recently...
Henning

Sent from BlueMail
On 24 May 2018, at 14:01, lig fietser <[hidden email]> wrote:

Since recently I cannot update my osm maps anymore with osmupdate.
Error: Could not get the newest daily timestamp from the Internet.

Anyone familiar with this isssue and how to fix this?

mkgmap-dev mailing list

Re: osmupdate

ligfietser

Thanks Henning, I updated wget but it still does not work.

My workflow: I have downloaded the europe extract from http://download.geofabrik.de

I use osmconvert to cut a section from it (benelux.o5m) and with this file I weekly update it with osmupdate.

Until last week this always went well but not anymore.

Any idea how to solve this?

Re: osmupdate

DD8KQ

May be something related to DSVGO, see green banner on top of the download site

The OpenStreetMap data files provided on this server do not contain the user names, user IDs and changeset IDs of the OSM objects. These metadata fields contain personal information about the OpenStreetMap contributors and are subject to data protection regulations in the European Union. Please note that these regulations apply even to processing that happens outside the European Union because some OpenStreetMap contributors live in the European Union.
Extracts with full metadata are available to OpenStreetMap contributors only.

Am 24.05.2018 um 11:00 schrieb lig fietser:

Thanks Henning, I updated wget but it still does not work.

My workflow: I have downloaded the europe extract from http://download.geofabrik.de

I use osmconvert to cut a section from it (benelux.o5m) and with this file I weekly update it with osmupdate.

Until last week this always went well but not anymore.

Any idea how to solve this?

Re: osmupdate

ligfietser

Thanks for your hint, I've downloaded the map with full metadata but I still get the same error:

Could not get the newest daily timestamp from the Internet.

Re: osmupdate

Henning Scholland
Hi
osmupdate is basically a script using wget for downloading and osmconvert for merging. As it's using wget in quiet mode, only chance for debugging download problems is to download the file manual by wget and see the error message. I guess in your case the first file (state.txt of daily, hourly or minutely) is failing. So osmupdate can't read  which is the latest version of the diffs.

Henning

On 24.05.2018 23:32, lig fietser wrote:

Not sure what you mean with wget Henning. I use osmupdate old.o5m new.o5m, not wget and I dont download the whole planet.

Maybe you try to download the state. txt manually by wget to get more feedback on the cause.
Henning

You need to update wget to latest version as diffs are only served by https and older wget can't use local certificate store. Met the same problem recently...
Henning

Sent from BlueMail
On 24 May 2018, at 14:01, lig fietser <[hidden email]> wrote:

Since recently I cannot update my osm maps anymore with osmupdate.
Error: Could not get the newest daily timestamp from the Internet.

Anyone familiar with this isssue and how to fix this?

     Viele Grüße und 73 de Manfred Haiduk, DD8KQ
     e-mail [hidden email] [hidden email]

Re: osmupdate

ligfietser

Ah, maybe I have to be more patient and wait one day more. I use daily diffs and with the extract from today there is nothing to update 😉

osmupdate: Verbose mode.
osmupdate Parameter: --drop-author
osmupdate Parameter: --day
osmupdate Parameter: benelux.o5m
osmupdate Parameter: benelux_new.o5m
osmupdate: timestamp of benelux.o5m: 2018-05-23T20:00:02Z

Re: osmupdate

ligfietser

Made another mistake, I did update wget and osmconvert but they were not in the same folder as osmupdate (it was still using the old versions that were in the same directory). Finally suceeded to update, so thanks Henning for pointing me in the right direction!

osmupdate: Verbose mode.
osmupdate Parameter: --drop-author
osmupdate Parameter: --day
osmupdate Parameter: benelux.o5m
osmupdate Parameter: benelux_new.o5m
osmupdate: timestamp of benelux.o5m: 2018-05-23T20:00:02Z
osmupdate: newest daily timestamp: 2018-05-24T00:00:00Z
osmupdate: daily changefile 2080: downloading
osmupdate: daily changefile 2079: 2018-05-23T00:00:00Z
osmupdate: Merging changefiles.
osmupdate: Creating output file.