password resetable

Steve Coast
Hello all

You can reset your password now. This closes ticket #14.

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: password resetable

Nick Whitelegg-2
Is there a way of resetting trac tickets?

I think I could do ticket 54, uploading complete OSM files via the API.
I've pseudo-coded it and it seems quite simple, I just need to pick up the
Ruby syntax :-)

Nick

Re: password resetable

Nick Whitelegg-2
Sorry - forget that last message. I logged in and changed it.

Nick

Re: password resetable

Tommy Persson

> I think I could do ticket 54, uploading complete OSM files via the API.

I got inspired and started to write an editor in PerlTk so I wonder
what uploading of complete OSM file means?  Is the intention that you
add new nodes and segments and uploads the whole file including the
old data to the server?  How do you avoid conflicts when two people
upload the same nodes and segments?

Can I create and edit new nodes and segment in the current server.
According to the documentation it seems I had to do a call to create
new nodes and segments.  Then edit the positions of nodes and update
them directly.  Is this the correct way to do it?

How do I know if something has changed in the data I am editing?
Since it takes a long time to download street data you do not want to
do it to often.  But you would like to know if something has changed
in the box you downloaded.

/Tommy Persson

Re: password resetable

Ben Gimpert
Ahh, welcome to the fold. "Another one bites the dust..."

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 12:47:59PM +0000, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> ...I just need to pick up the Ruby syntax :-)
>
> Nick

Re: password resetable

Steve Coast

> > I think I could do ticket 54, uploading complete OSM files via the API.
>
> I got inspired and started to write an editor in PerlTk so I wonder
> what uploading of complete OSM file means?  Is the intention that you
> add new nodes and segments and uploads the whole file including the
> old data to the server?  How do you avoid conflicts when two people
> upload the same nodes and segments?

the 'whole file' thing means instead of throwing lots of individual
requests for nodes and lines, the server magically does it itself with a
big list of requests.

as for conflicts... it's best not to think about it and maybe it will go
away.

> Can I create and edit new nodes and segment in the current server.

Indeed

> According to the documentation it seems I had to do a call to create
> new nodes and segments.  Then edit the positions of nodes and update
> them directly.  Is this the correct way to do it?

yup. Thats the REST way

> How do I know if something has changed in the data I am editing?

theres a trac ticket for the api to be able to respond with changes
since some timestamp.

> Since it takes a long time to download street data you do not want to
> do it to often.  But you would like to know if something has changed
> in the box you downloaded.

gzip might help you a bit