'permanent' mobile caterers

Dave F
Hi

I'm still working through the FHRS database for my local authority.
There section 'mobile caterers' where some they have a goecoded
location. These are mobile vans which get towed away at night but have a
regular pitch during the day. Often to be found in industrial estates or
lay-bys:
http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/37/80/1378085_f2dabe92.jpg

I've labelled them a cafes, but what addition tags could be used to
indicate it's not a sit down, under cover eatery. Somehow mobile=yes
appears contrary.

DaveF

---

Re: 'permanent' mobile caterers

Dan S
Hi

There was some discussion of this a while ago, as a side-issue when I
asked about greasy spoons...
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2015-April/017371.html
I don't have any particular advice on the matter myself.

Best
Dan

> Hi
>
> I'm still working through the FHRS database for my local authority.
> There section 'mobile caterers' where some they have a goecoded location.
> These are mobile vans which get towed away at night but have a regular pitch
> during the day. Often to be found in industrial estates or lay-bys:
> http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/37/80/1378085_f2dabe92.jpg
>
> I've labelled them a cafes, but what addition tags could be used to indicate
> it's not a sit down, under cover eatery. Somehow mobile=yes appears
> contrary.
>
> DaveF
>
> ---

Re: 'permanent' mobile caterers

Craig Wallace
On 2017-02-26 11:24, Dave F wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm still working through the FHRS database for my local authority.
> There section 'mobile caterers' where some they have a goecoded
> location. These are mobile vans which get towed away at night but have a
> regular pitch during the day. Often to be found in industrial estates or
> lay-bys:
> http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/37/80/1378085_f2dabe92.jpg
>
> I've labelled them a cafes, but what addition tags could be used to
> indicate it's not a sit down, under cover eatery. Somehow mobile=yes
> appears contrary.

For most of these vans, probably better to tag them as fast food, not cafes.

Plus tag as takeaway=only if it doesn't have any seating.

Re: 'permanent' mobile caterers

Dave F
Fair point