planning

Jody Garnett-2
So we are reaching the stage where GeoTools trunk is moving* (mostly
cleaning up some hard to use code).

As such we need to consider when:
- June 23rd: to upgrade to Ecipse 3.6
- July 7th: to upgrade to GeoTools 2.7 (estimated stability date is
Jully 7th; since that is when I need to finish FOSS4G materials by)

uDig trunk is a moving target itself; indeed we have been fixing many issues.

Recently we missed the 1.2.0 release window; as such we need to consider:
- do we take the 1.2-RC2 tag and turn it into a branch; update
geotools to fix the epsg-h2 bug and release?
- do we wait for the eclipse/geotools changes to settle out; and
release 1.2.0 in July?

Jody

(*) for reference:
- http://geotoolsnews.blogspot.com/2010/04/faster-better-geotools-27.html
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Upgrade+to+2.7
- http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_3.6.php

Re: planning

Jody Garnett-2
I guess I better release a 1.2-SNAPSHOT and invite people to test, or would releasing a 1.2-RC3 over the course of next week work out for people?

Okay here are those two things as issues for the tracker; scheduled against 1.2.1:
- https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1643
- https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1644

Jody