precompiled sea files download

thesurveyor
Hi,

first, many thanks to all of you who are supporting this great tool.

The last days I decided to upgrade to the newest version of mkgmap and to the newest bounds and sea files. I downloaded all files (mkgmap, bounds, sea). But then I had to stop for some reasons. And today I started again from the beginning. So I downloaded all those files again.
I wasn't surprised that the files have changed in the meantime. But for the sea file I'm not sure what happend.

The size of the sea zip file changed from 217 MB (in March 2019, my last version) to 238 MB (End October 2019) and back to 219 MB (today). See attached screenshot. The number of files within the zip file increased and decreased accordingly. I wouldn't wonder if filesize increases, but up and down?

Perhaps someone, perhaps Thorsten, can explain what happend and/or which of the sea files is ok to use. Just to be on the safe side :-)
Or please tell me what I should check.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gert

seafiles.jpg (30K) Download Attachment

Re: precompiled sea files download

Joris Bo

Hi,

For my maps I suddenly had problems with the latest sea-files causing flooding of complete Europe

The next-day download was about 20Mb bigger and worked fine again.

I can’t exactly remember the dates or file sizes of the download server

The version which for me works fine again (screenshot of my windows explorer):

Kind regards, Joris

Re: precompiled sea files download

Bernd Weigelt-2
Same problem here with the sea-latest.zip from 0ct. 11 2019, file size ~203 Mb
Problem solved with the file from today, size ~228 MB.

Bernd

Am Montag, 4. November 2019, 21:04:53 CET schrieb Joris Bo:
> Hi,
>
> For my maps I suddenly had problems with the latest sea-files causing
> flooding of complete Europe
 The next-day download was about 20Mb bigger
> and worked fine again. I can’t exactly remember the dates or file sizes of
> the download server The version which for me works fine again (screenshot
> of my windows explorer):
> Kind regards, Joris

Re: precompiled sea files download

Michael Poesdorf

as for me the issue still persists.

I used sea-lastest.zip with the timestamp of 13.11.2019 and a size of 209.043 kB.

I again recognize my hometown Erlangen to be flooded, but also mountain areas where there should be no water (Merano area).

When switching to generate-sea, everything is as it should.

Mkgmap version used is 4299, but this might be not relevant.

Regards, Michael