print

Bis Nulama

Hello,

I have a question about printing maps in udig; since I cannot print also with the last version (1.3.1):
do you know wich is the last working udig version using with I can print tiff raster maps and shp layers?

Thank you
Laura

Re: print

Frazer Jones
Hi Laura,
Try 1.2.1.  When you do File -> print in Udig it will create a .pdf file which you can then open in Adobe and then print.
Another way which I use is File->export->map to image and create a pdf file and then print it.
I am still stuck with using 1.1.1 because it has a feature I use everyday that is not in later versions. However I have all the other versions installed and after 1.2.1 they all behave the same and don't print.
Good luck,
Frazer

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Bis Nulama <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I have a question about printing maps in udig; since I cannot print also with the last version (1.3.1):
do you know wich is the last working udig version using with I can print tiff raster maps and shp layers?

Thank you
Laura

Re: print

Jody Garnett-3
> Hi Laura,
> Try 1.2.1.  When you do File -> print in Udig it will create a .pdf file which you can then open in Adobe and then print.
> Another way which I use is File->export->map to image and create a pdf file and then print it.

(You should also be able to export a TIFF file using export -> map)

> I am still stuck with using 1.1.1 because it has a feature I use everyday that is not in later versions. However I have all the other versions installed and after 1.2.1 they all behave the same and don't print.

What feature in 1.1.1 are you using? I was under the impression we migrated all the features people were interested in to the new code base; if there is anything else please let us know so we can grab it.

Jody

Re: print

Jody Garnett-3
> Hi Laura,
> Try 1.2.1.  When you do File -> print in Udig it will create a .pdf file which you can then open in Adobe and then print.
> Another way which I use is File->export->map to image and create a pdf file and then print it.

(You should also be able to export a TIFF file using export -> map)

> I am still stuck with using 1.1.1 because it has a feature I use everyday that is not in later versions. However I have all the other versions installed and after 1.2.1 they all behave the same and don't print.

What feature in 1.1.1 are you using? I was under the impression we migrated all the features people were interested in to the new code base; if there is anything else please let us know so we can grab it.

Jody

Re: print

Bis Nulama

I describe my problem.
I want to print a map with:
- 1 tiff backgrounf image (or a wms background image)
- 1 shapefile

I click the "print" button, I create the layout, and the shapefile or the background) disappears.

Also the "export map" method has this same problem (tiff geotiff png pdf export)...

Also the import kml file in the 1.3.1 version is not working (in a previous version worked).
Last problem: scale bar and north arrow, that used to have a white background now have no background. So, if I am using a b/w background map it is very difficult too see it!

laura

> From: [hidden email]

> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:20:12 +1100
> Subject: Re: [udig-users] print
>
> > Hi Laura,
> > Try 1.2.1. When you do File -> print in Udig it will create a .pdf file which you can then open in Adobe and then print.
> > Another way which I use is File->export->map to image and create a pdf file and then print it.
>
> (You should also be able to export a TIFF file using export -> map)
>
> > I am still stuck with using 1.1.1 because it has a feature I use everyday that is not in later versions. However I have all the other versions installed and after 1.2.1 they all behave the same and don't print.
>
> What feature in 1.1.1 are you using? I was under the impression we migrated all the features people were interested in to the new code base; if there is anything else please let us know so we can grab it.
>
> Jody

Re: print

Frazer Jones
Have you tried 1.2.1. This should print.
Frazer