problem in generate_tiles.py

ecolijoshi

Hello,
I am trying to generate the tiles from generate_tiles.py. In generate
_tiles.py i change the bounding box ,zoom level , gave the directory of
my_osm.xml and tile_dir .

I got the different zoom level folder  and 0 to 3 folder there is image.But
all other remaining folders are empty.

I ran the generate_tiles.py from python idle and folder are genenrate very
quickly but the idle does not show any sign of ending the process.

Re: problem in generate_tiles.py

Gregory Williams
It sounds like perhaps you're successfully generating the tiles at very low
zooms because they probably get their data from shapefiles (that's certainly
true for OSM), but that tiles which are zoomed in further will also use
queries against PostGIS and those queries are failing.

Try double-checking the queries in the mapnik stylesheet to ensure that
they're valid. Also check that you've got permission to access Postgres and
check the Postgres logs for errors that may be happening.

Dane Springmeyer
friendly reminder that we now have a new mailing list at:

http://groups.google.com/group/mapnik

Please move this conversation over there :)