problems on Ubuntu 10.04 setup

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi,
today I downloaded Kosmo 2 RC1 for linux and tried to instal on Ubuntu 10.04 (installed via Wubi).
I correctly launch links.sh to create dinamic links on /lib folder, then I tried to launch kosmo.sh. But I had no result. Kosmo seems not working on Ubuntu 10.04.
I tested the same version on my acer asus with Xandros and everything goes fine.
What should be the problem?. I attached the kosmo.sh.
regards

Giuseppe

Kosmo.sh (518 bytes) Download Attachment

R: [Kosmo_int] problems on Ubuntu 10.04 setup

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi all,
it seems that everything works now. Simply shut down Ubuntu and re-open it. Anyhow that was strange.

Peppe

today I downloaded Kosmo 2 RC1 for linux and tried to instal on Ubuntu 10.04 (installed via Wubi).
I correctly launch links.sh to create dinamic links on /lib folder, then I tried to launch kosmo.sh. But I had no result. Kosmo seems not working on Ubuntu 10.04.
I tested the same version on my acer asus with Xandros and everything goes fine.
What should be the problem?. I attached the kosmo.sh.
regards

Giuseppe

-----Segue allegato-----

Re: R: [Kosmo_int] problems on Ubuntu 10.04 setup

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Giuseppe.

Could you send us the kosmo.log file to see what happened before? The Kosmo.sh seems to be ok to me, I've not found anything wrong inside

El 29/09/2010 13:02, Giuseppe Aruta escribió:
Hi all,
it seems that everything works now. Simply shut down Ubuntu and re-open it. Anyhow that was strange.

Peppe

today I downloaded Kosmo 2 RC1 for linux and tried to instal on Ubuntu 10.04 (installed via Wubi).
I correctly launch links.sh to create dinamic links on /lib folder, then I tried to launch kosmo.sh. But I had no result. Kosmo seems not working on Ubuntu 10.04.
I tested the same version on my acer asus with Xandros and everything goes fine.
What should be the problem?. I attached the kosmo.sh.
regards

Giuseppe

-----Segue allegato-----

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: R: [Kosmo_int] problems on Ubuntu 10.04 setup

Giuseppe Aruta
Sorry Sergio,
but  I deleted  Kosmo versions which were not starting, before writing the mail.
Since I installed at least 3 times Kosmo (the 3rd was the final and working one) I suspect that that was the problem: errors on extracting the TAR file of Kosmo.
Anyhow,in the next weeks, I will install the software on other linux/Ubuntu and see what happens. And let you know.

thanks again

Giuseppe

Re: R: [Kosmo_int] problems on Ubuntu 10.04 setup

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Giuseppe.

No problem, the request was just for checking what went wrong in the other installs ;).

Regards,