rendering in JOSM of man_made=embankment

rendering in JOSM of man_made=embankment

voschix
I noticed by chance that the rendering in JOSM of man_made=embankment is in
conflict with the wiki page for the tag.
In JOSM man_made=embankment on a way without highway=* is rendered as
described in the wiki, i.e. as a one-sided slope, but if the tag is applied
to a way with highway=* or railway=rail or water=canal, then it is shown as
slopes on both sides of the way (similar to the visualisation of
embankment=yes).
This use is not mentioned in the wiki page, and I would not deduce it from
the wiki page either. Man_made=embankment is defined as a on-sided feature.
In addition, a few users clearly use it on highways as a one-sided feature
(see as an example changeset 72633093
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/72633093>)
The subject was touched in this JOSM ticket
<https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/10313#no1>
As I am only a JOSM user, I first wanted to raise the flag in the list
before making it a ticket.

Re: rendering in JOSM of man_made=embankment

Gertrud Simson
Hello,
I changed the rendering in JOSM, see
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/18343