running Kosmo on Opensolaris

Amit Kulkarni-5
Hi,

Is it possible to try and run the build on Opensolaris? Is it too much pain to try to port it? A simple (yes too much trouble/no trivial but i don't want to do it) would do! I really want to use Kosmo under Opensolaris.

Re: running Kosmo on Opensolaris

Gabriel Bellido Pérez
Hello Amit.
There's no support for Kosmo under OpenSolaris. We have it running in
Windows, Linux and we have made some experiments in MacOS, but no
Opensolaris. The reason is that there are some native libraries that
maybe need to be compiled. Maybe its possible to make it run under
OpenSolaris but we wont make any effort on it. Sorry. If you want to try
you are welcome.

Amit Kulkarni escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to try and run the build on Opensolaris? Is it too much
> pain to try to port it? A simple (yes too much trouble/no trivial but
> i don't want to do it) would do! I really want to use Kosmo under
> Opensolaris.
>
> Thanks
>

> __________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 5167 (20100602) __________
>
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Re: running Kosmo on Opensolaris

Amit Kulkarni-5
Hi Gabriel.

No problem, I fully understand you have limited time. I just want to know what to compile. Do you have a list of dependencies? I will make a try and see if I can get it running. Could you point me to a .pdf document? If it has pictures and is in Spanish then also no problem. I don't understand Spanish at all, but I can follow pictures!

Opensolaris has DTrace for Java. It makes it trivial for debugging, if you compile Java with debug options. Please google DTrace & Java.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Amit Kulkarni escribió:
Hi,

Is it possible to try and run the build on Opensolaris? Is it too much pain to try to port it? A simple (yes too much trouble/no trivial but i don't want to do it) would do! I really want to use Kosmo under Opensolaris.

__________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 5167 (20100602) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: running Kosmo on Opensolaris

Gabriel Bellido Pérez
Hello Amit
Here you have it:
http://www.opengis.es/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=31&Itemid=42

Amit Kulkarni escribió:

> Hi Gabriel.
>
> No problem, I fully understand you have limited time. I just want to
> know what to compile. Do you have a list of dependencies? I will make
> a try and see if I can get it running. Could you point me to a .pdf
> document? If it has pictures and is in Spanish then also no problem. I
> don't understand Spanish at all, but I can follow pictures!
>
> Opensolaris has DTrace for Java. It makes it trivial for debugging, if
> you compile Java with debug options. Please google DTrace & Java.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> 2010/6/3 Gabriel Bellido Pérez <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hello Amit.
>     There's no support for Kosmo under OpenSolaris. We have it running
>     in Windows, Linux and we have made some experiments in MacOS, but
>     no Opensolaris. The reason is that there are some native libraries
>     that maybe need to be compiled. Maybe its possible to make it run
>     under OpenSolaris but we wont make any effort on it. Sorry. If you
>     want to try you are welcome.
>
>     Amit Kulkarni escribió:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         Is it possible to try and run the build on Opensolaris? Is it
>         too much pain to try to port it? A simple (yes too much
>         trouble/no trivial but i don't want to do it) would do! I
>         really want to use Kosmo under Opensolaris.
>
>         Thanks
>

>         __________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la
>         base de firmas de virus 5167 (20100602) __________
>
>         ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
>         http://www.eset.com

> __________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 5171 (20100604) __________
>
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Res: [Kosmo_int] running Kosmo on Opensolaris

Ricardo Pinho

Another way to do it, is by using virtualization.
I may suggest to use GISVM to run it, on top of OpenSolaris.

I've been using Kosmo inside GISVM without problems...

Of course, it depends on the behavior and compatibility of VMware player or Vbox (supported) on OpenSolaris...
I don't have any experience on OpenSolaris... :-(

Please let me know about it if you give it a try!

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho
http://gisvm.com