satellite background tiles in OSM editor?

satellite background tiles in OSM editor?

Tapio Sokura
The satellite background terrain tiles load extremely slowly in the OSM
map editor, at least for me. Is it possible to disable them altogether
via some command in the editor? One second track points from a
differential GPS NMEA log are more accurate than the satellite images
anyway, so the terrain background is often just slowing things.

Also I seem to be unable to zoom out under level 13 in the editor, is
this a feature or a bug? It would be nice to be able to zoom out enough
to see a whole track log at once, to be able to check that it is all
there and that the track points are roughly in the right places.

   Tapio